dmesg

lsusb

Code
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

lsmod

[hr]
    Addendum: It is exactly the same when using it in the regular USB port.

Code
    LibreELEC-mk808plus:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver

Hello,

I also have an MCE remote, and tried it with the wetek hub running your latest devel version. Works fine out of the box, all keys mapped properly.

lsusb

Code
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver

(note the different device ID compared to the other user)

dmesg after pulling and re-inserting dongle

lsmod with dongle inserted:

[hr]
    Hallo,

even my old X10 remote works out of the box...

1/ The /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb is 220 chmoded, is it normal ?

Yes, you can write, but not read the /sys node. I noted that in another post, it used to be readable in earlier versions. But it works, so I do not really mind :)

2/ The autostart.sh you are talking about is supposed to go in the /storage/.config folder, right ?

Yes. Mine looks like this:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

I set it to mode 755 for good measure.

Hi,

I tested the "judder" issue by watching BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and NHK World HD, using the latest devel build from September 28th. I did not notice anything particularly annoying (besides the contents, BBC used to be more interesting). Could you provide a small recording that exhibits the problem?

Hey guys,

I would like to participate in the testings on my Wetek Hub.

Though, I'm a little confused with the dtd files : can you help me out on which files to install (& in which order)

Thanks a lot !

Hi,

• Download LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160929083522-r23358-gbac9202.img.gz
    • Use rufus or windiskimager to write this image file to a micro SD card. Card will show as a rather small partition (<1GB) with a few files in file explorer. This is normal.
    • Download fitting dtb image from device_trees
    • Copy dtb image file to sdcard and rename to dtb.img (need to overwrite existing dtb.img)
    • Insert card in box
    • Locate reset switch on box (may be a button on the bottom or hidden inside the a/v or other socket)
    • Insert power plug while holding reset button
    • When librelec logo shows, release reset button
    • From now on, box will boot libreelec when sd-card is inserted, Android if no card inserted. No need to push reset button any more.
    • If libreelec boot fails, or wlan/lan/bluetooth is not working, do step 3-5 with other dtb file

Enjoy!

I did some testing yesterday running my box all day, and noticed this bug with the latest devel version (09-28 rgb test). The CEC connection works well with my Philips TV ("easylink" in the menus) at first and simply stops working after some time. As the TV remote works better than the one included with my box and the button mappings are really nice, I would prefer to use the TV remote.

I will try to trigger the bug again and get logs.

Thanks. Please let me how how did further testing go.

My TV ran non-stop yesterday, with the astra UHD channel demo reel during the day and me checking the picture periodically. In the evening I used the box actively and watched movies and some episodes of a series. No pink color showed up. Not even once.

I am very happy and for me the problem seems to be gone. Hooray!

witokondoria: Please try this version with your TV as well.

Hello,

thank you for providing the new version. The /sys node is no longer readable, but I could still write to it. The echo command is in my autostart file.

I tested last night for a few hours. Sadly, the problem still occurs, with no apparent trigger or regularity. During longer movies, it appears about once every 30 minutes. Sometimes the pink color stays, sometimes the screen goes black a few seconds later and normal colors return.

Current workaround: Setting the GUI to 720p60 forces a resolution change when "Back" is pushed during playback of most of my content. This also removed the pink color during my tests yesterday, but I am not sure if that is reliable.

MPeartnoy Can you please test channel mapping with the latest dev build?

Channel mapping appears to still be an open question.

I had some time today, so I tested channel mapping on S905 (not S905X) with a Denon X1200W avr with 7.1 speakers. The latest dev build (2016-09-25-devel-2) has all channels correctly mapped when using multichannel PCM output (tested with 5.1 AC3, 5.1 DTS, 7.1 DTS-MA, 7.1 Dolby TrueHD), and all these sound formats were also sent correctly using hdmi passthrough.

Please test a build with different approach on setting output_rgb: 2016-09-25-devel

Thank you for keeping up with this annoying bug. I had only limited time to test, but the new version changed the appearance of the bug:

Before, the TV would continue to stay pink once the bug was triggered, and only switching hdmi input (or pulling the hdmi cable) would reliably switch it back to normal colors. In the new version, the pink bug still appears, but after 0.5s the screen goes black and returns to normal colors on itself. I will continue testing and also check dmesg for anything out of the ordinary.

Hello,

what exactly is "everything" and what happend when you tried it? If you tried the latest version, you could try the S905 Version 005 first, as you will not need to fiddle with device trees.

Default procedure:

• Write the "SD" (not the "NAND") image file to the card using rufus or another disk image writer program.
    • insert card in box
    • locate reset switch on box (can be a hidden button in one of the 3,5mm jacks - use a wooden toothpic to test, never anything conductive)
    • while pushing reset button, insert power plug
    • wait for Libreelec to start, release button

Good luck.

Hi,

if NFS performs so much better than CIFS, the problem is most likely not the hardware or the network driver. 40 MB/s is a good value, given the limited CPU in the MiniMX box.

You can try to further tune the CIFS mount parameters: I did use the default with no options and had good performance, you can try leaving them out or using other values. I found several forum discussions about slow CIFS, and there rsize=16384,wsize=57344 was recommended to be used in a gigabit environment.

The is no speed test for the GUI. But please try one more thing: connect with two sessions using ssh and watch the cpu load during a long file transfer (using "top").