Posts by rooli

Hello Guys!

I have an issue with my Pi regarding x265 playback.

I have all the info I gathered, I hope you can peel out the problem:

log: http://ix.io/3tsc

Crashlog 1:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog 2:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog 3:

File Mediainfo:

Link to a 20 sec. sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YuR_gW…iew?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the advices, I tried this on all my TVs, did not work. Actually on my main TV I did not get any video signal :) (only audio) (never happened this before) (what I had before is color artifacts on HDMI1 input on TV, on HDMI2 it's ok, but only at fresh install...interesting)

The cable I'm using is an official Pi 4 HDMI/Micro HDMI cable.

I tried with the Pi Zero (I have raspberry OS lite on it for pihole, but I added kodi as well) Works straightaway, boom.

Yes, TVs, 2 of them. CEC function is enabled on both, but not working at all. (both 4K and one of them is 3D also)

I have an LG TV as well, an older Full HD. Works well.

I have Pi 3, it is working on the Pana TVs as well.

Iso downloaded and installed via USB-SD creator.

Thank you very much for your help in advance, guys!

Thank you for your answer!

I had no clue how to delete the connection, but that is my noobness, at least I know what to look for next time.

According to CEC, I forgot to try the other hdmi, maybe that can cause problem, anyways, its is in beta still, so the stable will be permanent

on the card.

About VNC, well, forgive me, I am using milhouse edition on my pi3 for a long time due to kernel version, so by my nature I compare stuffs to that, and that version has vnc, well, I'm using it :D

Thx again.

Hi!

I installed the v9.95.2 on my Pi 4 yesterday and I noticed the following things.

- I misstyped the wifi password and it could not connect (I have had an immediate restart & I haven't found any menu to change password!) (I had to do factory reset)

- CEC is not working (I tried with LG & Pana TV) (at startup it has the CEC notification)

- I installed a skin (can't remember the name: I think the 3rd /the one in the KODI repo with the background with bubbles/ and no VNC anywhere also no setup for CEC)

Hi!

As I was reading the latest threads, I realized many users don't know there's Libreelec 19.8 with Kernel 5 with Astrometa DVB-C driver support.

Here's the link: Index of /builds/master/

Please note, this is an update pack only, not a full img also it is not official, so bugs and incompatibility issues might be present.

To be honest, I don't remember how I installed it, but as far as I remember:

Just install the official build with the downloader and get the latest 19.8 update from the link above.

When it booted I used the update manual via Samba share described on this page:

Update LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

I hope it helped, if I was wrong, then correct me!

Cheers. :*

• Full hardware specs:
    • - Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
    • - CPU:
    • - GPU: VideoCore IV HW / RES: [email protected] - Full Screen / OpenGL vendor : Broadcom / OpenGL version : OpenGL ES 2.0
    • - Version: Linux version 5.2.6 ([email protected]) (gcc version 8.3.0 (GCC)) #1 SMP Fri Aug 9 21:04:29 BST 2019
    • In most cases a full debuglog (link down below)
    • Tell us the complete steps how to face the issue, so we can try to reproduce:
    • Description: I installed libreelec 9.1.002 (stable) and after first boot I updated to the version above. I needed, because my DVB-C dongle has correct firmware only in kernel 5.0 or above. and it works :) . I have set up TVheadend and I was happy, but watching HD DVB-C stream for a minute, the pi starts shouting about it's temperature. After a minute watch the temperature went up to 179 F degrees. I have a passive cooling sink on both GPU and CPU. I never experienced this quick heat rise. The sinks itselves was quite hot. The idle temp is 135 F. During stream playback the cpu usage was not more than 20-40 % per core. If you need any more information, I'm happy to help.

Additionally to the above, if you are facing video playback issues:

• kodi.log :
    • Informations about the Kodi video and audio settings : in kodi.log
    • If possible a mediainfo from that file/container: in kodi.log

Additionally for hardware related problems:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

As I'm in Hungary, I went to Celsius and I was playing with settings. I managed to take down the temperature, but the problem is not solved.

- 1st.: with default TVHeadend settings @ 720p with HD stream 30% CPU = 82 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

- 2nd.: passthrough TVHeadend setting @720p with HD stream : 10-25% CPU = 73 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

- 3rd.: passthrough TVHeadend setting @800x600 with HD stream : 10-25% CPU = 68 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

- 4th.: passthrough TVHeadend setting @800x600 with SD stream : 2-15% CPU = 62 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

- 5th.: passthrough TVHeadend setting @1080p with SD stream : 10-35% CPU = 68 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

- 6th.: passthrough TVHeadend setting @1080p with HD stream : 10-40% CPU = 71 Celsius (case, heatsink, no fan)

(room temperature 29-30 Celsius, very hot here now)

Very interesting, set TVH to passthrough the stream makes a big difference, although I think that conversion is going to the GPU according to the cpu usage. (Well, I hope I have set it to passthrough, for the second time I did not find the setting, so many setting... :) ) For some reason (looking at the 2nd and the 6th tests) it's not very accurate. Anyways, I'm not sure how to keep the temp below 60, as far as I know that is the limit of the safe usage.