Posts by Andrew K

Hello,

This barely qualifies as a bug but it has been occurring through a few updates now. I’m in Canada, not using any sort of proxy or VPN, but it consistently selects the mirror in Portugal. If I let it go it takes almost 30 minutes for the update to download. However, if I manually wget the update from one of the US mirrors it takes less than 10 seconds.

Is there somewhere that my locale is set incorrectly?

Andrew

Update - Success!

When I started my version of MariaDB was

mariadb-admin Ver 9.1 Distrib 10.6.12-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu on aarch64

I upgraded in two steps. My first step brought me to 10.7.8

mariadb-admin Ver 9.1 Distrib 10.7.8-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu on aarch64

However, when I ran mysql_upgrade it showed this as the first line

Major version upgrade detected from 10.3.22-MariaDB to 10.7.8-MariaDB. Check required!

So I have a feeling that while I might have been running 10.6.12 the version of the database format/structure (don't know the appropriate terminology here) was based on 10.3.22.

I didn't bother to test this LibreELEC because it did warn me that it was a short term support release.

At this point I figured to throw caution to the wind and go straight to 10.11.2 which I see now is a developmental release but it Beta 2 is now working just fine. I'll be making notes on this one so that I can upgrade to the stable version of 11 when it comes out. I don't blame them but the documentation for all this assumes you are more advanced at all this.

Andrew

Hello,

I upgraded from 10.0.4 to Nexus 11 Beta 2 but when I reboot my library is empty. The Video sources are still there but it seems that the Set Type option doesn't save. It always reverts to None. If I change it and I'm prompted to refresh the existing content and I say Yes nothing happens.

Have I missed this somewhere? I've tried looking from the config files from my 10.0.4 install and I can't even find where the Content Type is actually saved. I assumed it would be in the sources.xml file but apparently not.

Andrew

Edit - Details that I didn't originally think were pertinent...I am using an external MariaDB instance for the Kodi DB and apparently my version of MariaDB is old. A database guy I am not. In hindsight it does make sense that something like MariaDB doesn't just update itself automatically. Need to figure out how to do this and then try Beta 2 again. Not sure if this should be deleted or left for anyone else who may run into that same issue. I can post how I upgraded once I figure that part out.

Hello,

I have found that on my RPi 4 4GB even though I have the memory cache set to 3GB it is only using 768MB. In .001 I had it set to 0 so that it would cache to the internal storage and that worked properly...except for the fact that reading/writing to the MicroSD card resulted in video stuttering but the cache setting were being followed. Is this a known issue?

Also, how big of a donation would be required to get HBR audio moved up the queue? :S LOL

Thanks,

Andrew