Posts by fatgerman

I know there are a lot of threads like this but none of them seem to have the answer.

I need to copy files to a directory on my libreelec box using rsync and ssh, ie running rsync /source/directory [email protected]:/dest/directory on a remote machine

I have found the network tools addon that contains rsync, and I can use that to copy files *from* libreelc to other systems, but that isn't what I need.The issue is when I try to copy from another system to libreelec I get

sh : rsync : command not found

Because the rsync binary isn't on the default PATH and rsync doesn't read .profile or any other file so I'm limited to /usr/bin and the other read-only directories.

Why don't I just sync the files the other way? After all, it's a sync, I imagine you're thinking. Yes, but this is a pre-existing bash script containing 500 lines of stuff that sh doesn't understand (eg array variables) so I can't run it on the libreelec system.

Anybody got any ideas how to make this work? Or can I get bash for libreelec? That'd be a good start.

I think I'll just have to wait for new Betas before I try anything else, this system isn't useable in it's current state and I don't have a separate setup I can use for testing. I've also now started getting random, deafening, audio static sometimes on playback start and I fear for the safety of my speakers :) Glad I'm not alone; we were warned this was alpha status for Pi4, so I'll try again at the next beta.

To add my voice to the mix I'm also noticing stuttering and juddering on Pi4, with newest LibreElec on videos with 5.1 audio in all formats (AC3, EAC3, and DTS). I'm using an external USB sound card and I do set the audio to 'Fixed' at 48KHz. This setup, and these videos, have been playing fine on a 3B+ for months.

I've also noticed that, sometimes when the juddering starts the audio channels suddenly get randomly mixed up - eg center becomes left, left becomes subwoofer, etc etc - this happens during playback and then it gets stuck like that. Sometimes even a reboot doesn't cure it. There's nothing whatsoever in the kodi log.

I'm currently running Kodi 18.2 on a Pi 3 / Raspbian and I'm thinking of switching to LibreElec when my Pi 4 arrives. What I don't want to do, however, is all the setup and scanning of all my files, installing addons, and all the general setup that would require. Can I just copy my userdata folder from my current setup to a LibreElec setup and have everything (addons, settings, skins) just work? And will I lose any LibreElec functionality if I do this?