Posts by pisabell

HELP NEEDED with charset issue in closed captions

Hello all,

After many unsuccessful attempts to get my closed captions to show correctly in streams from my Tvheadend server I am turning to you for help.

Problem: French accented characters are plainly missing from the captions. No characters whatsoever shown in their place.

Setup:

- KODI 18.3 running under libreelec 9.1.002 on a Chromebox

- TVHeadend server 4.2.7-44

- TVHeadend client 4.4.18.2 running on the same machine as the server

- locale set to UTF-8, fr_CA

The problem does not appear to depend on the tvheadend client, as I am getting the same problem when accessing the tvheadend server from a client running on a different machine.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions,

Pierre

Hello all,

After many unsuccessful attempts to get my closed captions to show correctly in streams from my Tvheadend server I am turning to you for help.

Problem: French accented characters are plainly missing from the captions. No characters whatsoever shown in their place.

Setup:

- KODI 17.6 running under libreelec 8.2.5 on a Chromebox

- TVHeadend server 4.2.6-7

- TVHeadend client 3.4.27.1 running on the same machine as the server

- locale set to UTF-8, fr_CA

- under KODI: settings>player>language>subtitle>character set I tried both "default" and "Western Europe (ISO)"

The problem does not appear to depend on the tvheadend client, as I am getting the same problem when accessing the tvheadend server from a client running on a different machine.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions,

Pierre