Posts by DamnationZeRO

you can load reroach_gamestarter.cfg, edit all your desired options/settings, then save as retroarch.cfg, so everytime you start retroarch it will use it as your default config file.

Thank you that's exactly what I'm going to do. Honestly I really love this addon and I am glad I found it. I've had the PI for about a month and have been changing the image around nonstop. Honestly I'm not a fan of Retropie and it's very "strung together" type feel between the base / retroarch / emulation station etc. Lakka was nonstop headache for me. I had other issues with Recalbox. LibreElec is nice and simple, I get the media center capability and with this addon get a nice clean simple efficient method of playing the games with Retroarch.

Keep up the good work!

If you updated cores, this can be the problem, because the ones downloaded from retroarch's repo are not optimized for raspberry. If so, yo must reinstall Gamestarter addon.

Ah I see. For some reason I thought I read something about updating them, but that's my fault for always tinkering. So anyway I uninstalled the add-on completel and reinstalled the 2.1.1. I actually had the same issue even once I uninstalled it. What I ended up doing was using the gamestarter version of the retroarch config again and now everything seems to be working.

I think I'll just get rid of the default retroarch.cfg and replace it with the game starter version so I don't have to keep switching everytime. Unless I can set the gamestarter version as default somehow in the menu?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated =)

Hello everyone. I'm very sorry if I've over looked a solution to this in the thread, but I read through and didn't seem to see this..

I have the latest version of LibreElec set up and functioning great. I am also using the latest version of the Gamestarter script (I believe 2.1.1). I can easily access Retroarch as it loads exactly as it should. I have setup all my game directories, thumbnails etc and again everything is fine. The problem I am running into is anytime I go to launch any rom (doesn't seem to matter for what system) Retroarch looks like it's going to load the game, the screen goes black and then I am kicked back out into the main menu of Kodi.

I used the "Online Updater" option inside of Retroarch and updated all files as I believe mentioned.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so can you point me towards a solution?

Really love this app and am looking forward to using it. I guess I should add, I am using the exact same games that I previously used with several other builds on my Raspberry Pi 3 (such as Lakka, recalbox, retropie, etc) and I did not encounter this issue with those. I was able to play / load the roms without an issue.
    [hr]
    Ok so small update.. I navigated to the config area of the Retroarch UI and instead of using the regular retroarch.cfg I loaded the gamestarter version from the parent directy. After this I just tested Super Mario World for SNES and the rom opened up no problem (no sound though..have to figure out what that's about).

I will tinker further and see if everything is sorted and post another update.

Thanks
    [hr]

Ok so I managed to get my HDMI audio working (thank god, this killed me on Lakka and I could never get it to work). I followed the instructions on Page 7 and added this to my config.txt

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16

With that said. As of now the only emulator that doesn't kick me back to the main screen is SNES 9X Next. If I try to load games from any other system such as Sega Genesis I get booted out of Retroarch. Any ideas?

Out of curiosity I also tried Emulation Station (though I prefer the XMB style UI of Retroarch and I encounter a similar issue there. No matter what game the system is for I just get booted back to the main Emulation Station menu.