Posts by LE23

At boot, Event Log says:

TVheadend HTSP Client - Server is unreachable.
    TVheadend HTSP Client - Access denied.

PVR manager does not start. TVheadend web interface works, but I can not login to configure the tuner.
    The default login does not work.

Kodi Log says:

ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:9982
    ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command authenticate failed: Access denied

I am confused now. Tvheadend was working on previous builds. :huh:

just for sanity check

IEIB

This idea is very interesting. At some point any PVR client which supports IPTV might have this feature, not just TV Headend. Comparison of PVR clients for reference:
    PVR recording software - Official Kodi Wiki

The IPTV PVR clients supporting a playlist normally want the exact Media Resource Locator for each stream.
    Media resource locator - Wikipedia

If you create a custom playlist, this often works for some weeks or months, but then a stream MRL changes. Many free IPTV channels have a single live stream MRL embedded in a web page. And the page address never changes. If you had a PVR client that can extract the MRL from a web page automatically, you could create a custom IPTV channel list that always works. Has it been done?

Other interesting add-ons which could be candidates for a PVR client: Ccloud, Mobdro, Channel PEAR
    FilmOn add-on (& PVR client) already works pretty good too.

Would also be great if there was a PVR client for SopCast & BitTorrent Live p2p channels
    Best use for Kodi is: combine PVR clients as needed to create a live channel guide with DVB / IPTV / P2P channels all in one menu. This is the future of television :)

Also there is very big problem with vdr on play2 and le7 / 8. After install vdr (services and tv clients) and restart play2 ecerything stop and freeze on bootscreen . There is no ssh/ftp connection . We need to install new le after this

some stuff about freezing here...

OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Need help. Live tv freeze after a short play. (1/2)
    Random Live-TV freezes · Issue #46 · kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi · GitHub
    vdr-vnsi crashes xbmc

maybe log errors to external syslog server in real time
    send log to server ?

...or enable debug logging then remove SD card to another machine for analysis after freeze?

Reinstalled the following items through Add-ons / My add-ons / manual update
    All from LE repo, no other sources shown

VDR Configuration 8.1.100 by libreelec.tv
    VDR PVR Backend 8.1.103 by libreelec.tv
    VDR VNSI Client 2.6.9 by FernetMenta, Team Kodi

Also confirmed that /storage/.kodi/addons/script.config.vdr was not missing.
    Versions all look the same as before, and all issues still persist.

Digging deeper, found a post I had overlooked before in my research ; the problem description is very similar but the answer was missing drivers.
    LibreELEC

My tuner is an official Wetek component. They said it was supported in LE/OE...
    (some other discussions about it)
    Builtin DVB-T Tuner not detected - WeTek Community Forum

...but here the tuner is detected
    # dmesg | grep -i dvb

Regarding the call to "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 360:
    The path /usr/lib/python2.7 contains a "site.pyo" (not a "site.py")

Now I wonder if this is related:
    ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: SupportChannelScan - Can't get response packed

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

LE 7.90.009 on Play v1 with ATSC tuner
    These add-ons were installed from LE repo

VDR Configuration
    VDR PVR Backend
    VDR VNSI Client

Configured as shown here
    [Tutorial] Vdr: vdr-addon Configure - WeTek Community Forum

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

1. At boot: PVR manager is starting up (never completes)
    pop-up message [VDR VNSI client: server is unreachable]

2. Enable PVR option does not appear in Settings / PVR & Live TV

3. VDR Configuration add-on > channel configuration returns error:
    "Unable to connect to VDR restfull API"

4. w_scan works -- channels are detected and output file was created at:
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf

(see [TUTORIAL] Using w_scan on DVB-T/T2/C - WeTek Community Forum)
    w scan - LinuxTVWiki

But...

still no channels appear in Kodi TV menu (same errors, PVR manager will not start)
    and no FM radio services are detected

(see also)
    Wetek Openelec Box VDR scanning is just not working! - WeTek Community Forum

KODI.LOG

In every version of every distro I tried on this box the stock remote control misses keystrokes if I navigate the menus too quickly. This happens even when Estuary is not showing the "busy" icon. I wondered if anyone else is experiencing this problem and what can be done about it. Is this a firmware issue, or is there some hidden setting for the size & delay time on the remote control input buffer?

I am amazed that a linux related question can be answered so easily.

I cannot count the number of times I have seen Microsoft give wrong information or tell someone there is no solution to your problem, the registry is probably corrupted, just reinstall Windows. Never had to do that with Linux or BSD. The range of hardware support may not be quite as broad on Linux, but Windows is a fragile house of cards which breaks easily and often, takes much more effort to fix or troubleshoot, and is infinitely less secure. Like the old saying goes, those who dont understand Unix are doomed to reinvent it, badly.

Or turn off local master browser setting.

Manually forcing a decline of master browser status on a single machine is not a permanent fix for all clients in a changing network with guest devices and different operating systems. If you have any more problems, you might try enabling the Samba host + WINS server on your router (or NAS) if the feature is available. Afterwards, reboot the router and then reboot all clients.

This is usually sufficient for Samba clients to accept the router as master regardless of CPU / OS / client version, even if the clients are not configured to decline automatic master browser election. Also configure Kodi to match the router configuration in LE Settings / Services / SMB client and reboot. Zeroconf eliminates all of these steps but if you really need Samba, file sharing without Zeroconf will be more reliable when the router is master.

There is a tool which can verify the master browser; of course Microsoft does not bundle it with the OS and does not display this information in network properties dialogs.

PChucks Network: The Browstat Utility from Microsoft

Samba has always been problematic due to master browser & version conflicts, especially in cross-platform situations. If you cannot resolve Samba issues you could try Bonjour (Avahi/Zeroconf). Windows does not natively support the protocol but you can get it free with the iTunes package.

iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple

If you do not want iTunes, Bonjour can be extracted & installed separately. After installing:

Kodi configuration

Settings : Services : General : Device name (whatever)
    LibreElec Configuration / System / Identification / System Name (whatever)
    LibreElec Configuration / Services / Samba OFF (optional)
    LibreElec Configuration / Services / Avahi ON

Use one of these to verify the service is working

Bonjour, Avahi, RPi, Windows… Setup guide | fuzzy01's blog
    Bonjour Browser for Windows
    231901730?pgno=3

Use one of these to browse network resources on Windows

WinSCP :: Official Site :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows
    Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows

(In standard network browsing dialogs remember that AFP hosts will have a domain suffix ".local")

Optional: upgrade your desktop OS (if hardware is supported)

Ubuntu GNOME | An official flavor of Ubuntu, featuring the GNOME desktop environment.
    HardwareSupport - Ubuntu Wiki
    UbuntuFriendly - Ubuntu Wiki