Posts by Xyzzy

Hello, LibreELEC crowd!

TL;DR - Is LE suitable for Intel platform if I want, in addition to Kodi, also a web browser experience for video/streaming sites and SteamLink - or is Windows 10 a better option?

I see that there is Chome plugin and something like SteamLink plugin, but are they "production" quality or rather barely working hacks?

I currently have Minix U9-H with Android 6 that failed my expectations as a Kodi box. Too weak for/too many issues with video/streaming web sites (100% legitimate, like pilot.wp.pl), Kodi 18 has some issues with older MPEG2 based codecs (sofware decoding must be used), problematic SteamLink client etc, etc.

So, J3455-based Intel NUC (NUC6CAYH) is on order with HD 500 graphics (I don't think I'd ever need 10-bit VP9 or HDR support that come with HD6xx graphics). I expect frame rate switching and passthrough working (AC3/DTS mainly, anything else is OK with multichannel LPCM streaming).

I use Kodi for a lot of old video stuff (like DivX) with little new material (no 4K, no HDR).

Regards