Posts by lama0900

pulsar Thank you for your findings! I think there is no special treatment needed to make the build work on both S905 and S905X after your kernel config changes. I have built a new build with my 4K fixes included, I'd be great if you can try if it works:
    s905x-test1

If you install above test version, you should still be able to boot into recovery without SD card inserted or into LE from SD card. Try SD version first to confirm if it works.

So I tried with your version kszaq: didn't work on my Mini M8s II (2GB/8GB - S905X)

pulsar yours works.

Very smooth playback of 23.976p files

EDIT: Just shutdown and then power on doesn't work.
    So i've to cut power and plug it in again.

I didn't ask for an ETA. I didn't complain about that its not working. I knew that it won't work for a while when buying the box.
    Nobody asked WHEN it will work.
    So why being so rude?

Wanted just to know if he knows WHY, because kszaq said, he would need testers, because he doesn't own a 905x box.

So I would not start to bother someone, as you did.
    But well, you seem to be in the right position to do that, I guess......

ive tried everything put no matter what usb ports dont work with the new build on mini m8s 2 s905x

We all sit the same boat.
    I guess the box says: "could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1"?

But I don't know how to fix.

What can I do for debugging this? :)

EDIT: Cannot do anything at the shell since usb keyboard is not recognized at this point.

EDIT:

With dtb file my Mini M8s II shows:

Code
    Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 
    can't access tty: job control turned off

so same as without dtb file.

Android version is newest (from 05-08-2016).

Tried also with dtb from android update. Also no success.

No for the moment we can't have LE on MiniM8S II. Because this is 905x not 905 !
    And read again the other forum.
    User could say he installed LE on MiniM8S II realised that it was an error. He had a TV Box with 905 and not 905x like you and me.

Ah ok, I thought there was something like this, but it's down at the moment.
    So i've to wait. Maybe it will work in future with 905X. .. I should have bought the Mini M8S ..

Thank you!

I presume you have no reset button in yout av port ?
    and this why you are trying to get into recovery via adb ?
    Please explain your steps exactly before it failed. Did you follow the SD card OE installation instructions in first post.
    You stopped explaining what you did after you got into recovery.
    Are you attempting the SD card installation of OE ?

So there is a button on the bottom of the device and not in the AV port, since the Mini M8S II has no AV port .
    I tried both toothpick and recovery method from first post for SDcard.
    But at recovery method I had to use adb to do a reboot to recovery, because there's no option to reboot to recovery via Android "reboot option".

So with toothpick method:

I get stuck at this screen:

With recovery method I don't know what to do after I get into recovery,
    because the first post says, that if I choose to reboot to recovery it would take me straight into LibreELEC?!

Anything else what can I try?

EDIT: Some guys from freakt**.com got LibreELEC working with the Mini M8S II and the LibreELEC version from the first post.

Unsupported:

• S905X (not confirmed to work)

Hey there,
    I have a Mini M8S II in my hands here. So I tried to boot to LibreELEC but the device doesn't get further than recovery.
    After "adb reboot recovery" the device takes me just to the recovery. Am I missing something? I think this is currently not related to kernel or other bugs, just in finding the SDcard or something like that?

Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you