Posts by hspijker

Hallo, I'm a complete novice to Linux. I'm using a (dated) PC as a HTPC for almost 12Yrs now.

I'm complete satisfied with my current HTPC, but due to the coming eol of win7 at the beginning of next year, I'm looking for another OS of course to test it first.

I found this nice distro, " KODI ONLY" sound OK to me, especially because I'm allready using KODI under win7, also my hw is dated, no need for me to change it now. So I'm looking for a lightweighted OS.

I don't want to watch TV when win10 is (forced) updating, so of course win10 is not an option for HTPC purpose.

Win7 is provided with a VM (Windows virtual PC), so I'ld like to test this distro as a replacement of my current os. But this VM is only bootable via CD, USB/SD drives are not supported.

Is there a possibility to boot this distro with a CD? Or is there another way to get it running under windows virtual PC? Or do I need another OS to be able to test a HTPC under virtual PC?

Regards Hein

Hallo, I'm a complete novice to Linux. I'm using a (dated) PC as a HTPC for more than 12Yrs now.

Due to the coming eol of win7 next year, I'm looking for another OS.

I don't want to watch TV when win10 is (forced) updating, of course win10 is not an option for HTPC purpose.

I found this nice distro, " KODI ONLY" sound OK to me, especially because I'm using KODI under win7, and my hw is dated, but no need to change it..

Win7 is provided with a VM (Windows virtual PC), so I'ld like to test this distro as a replacement of my current os. But this VM is only bootable via CD, USB/SD drives are not supported,

Is there a possibility to boot this distro with a CD? Or is there another way to get it running under de windows virtual PC? Or do I need another OS to be able to test a HTPC under virtual PC?

Regards Hein