Posts by mrwizzer

Can you describe what installation image you are using, and what happens when you boot the image from stick? If it's a real installer, there should appear the option to install on your HDD.

PS: If you don't see any target drives to install, reformat your HDD with a tool like "GParted Live". You can run it from stick, too. It's interesting whether the tool can "see" your HDD while running from stick.

The result should be a single, error-free partition (ext3 for example) with no boot flag set. Try to run the LE installer on that setup.

I'm using a 350gb hard drive, hooked up on a usb adapter I use to read hard drives and program them for pcs. It reads like a usb drive! But the libreelec creator won't pick it up, no matter how it's formatted 32gb 64gb or full 320 will recheck ntfs or fat only other factors that I can think of! Otherwise I should be able to program the drive and install it straight to the pc and run like a os

sorry for the late response to everyone! Thanks so much for your time and help, yes that's exactly what I was trying to do is run the pc hard drive off libreelec instead of just a usb. The same as you would load a windows os was hoping there was a way to do permanent libreelec on a hard drive? I have a older pc to use, it boots off a usb bypassing the hard drive so why wouldn't it be able to run on a drive? Or have libreelec creator's never gone this route?

I am trying to make a older pc into a libreelec media pc! I figured just use usb creator on my hard drive using my usb hard drive adapter, wont work doesn't read it no matter what I do or partition size 32 64 320 none will read!

Since the usb boots and bypasses windows os I know this has to be possible