Posts by sYCO

Well, there is your error:

Code
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
    Query: SELECT files.playCount, files.lastPlayed FROM movie INNER JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile WHERE movie.c09='tt1022603' AND movie.c07=2009 AND movie.idMovie!=1220 AND files.playCount > 0
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SetDetailsForMovie (smb://DISKSTATION/Video/Filme/(500) Days of Summer.avi) failed

I recommend deleting the file and rescanning your database.

No, that is just the very first file. I had this with a file before that named '71 and renamed it. The files are not wrong/damaged.

I removed the link to the paste. Can you do that from the quote, too? Thank you.
    [hr]

Your mysql database is 'malformed'.
    Drop it, scan again.

For future reference - a log with banned stuff in it would be trashed on the kodi forum - and presumably here - if a mod looked at it. Clean up kodi before posting logfiles, then nobody moans.

Sorry, I did not now, any of these addons are banned. I
    used just stuff from Kodi repo and Superrepo. I removed
    the link to the paste. Can you do that from the quote,
    too? Thank you.

How do I drop the database and rescan it? I renamed
    msql99.db to mysql99.db.backup and did a reboot, but
    then I have no "movie" or "tv show" with the add video
    button to add content/sources again.

Also, just starting "scan" with Yatse app did not start
    something.

How is your media organized? Is it organized in folders? I use TinyMediaManager to set things up so it goes by using the same scraper as Kodi.
    I had it all set up and working properly before (using local SD as storage for cached items) before I went to the MySQL database setup. I had the same problem, where I removed and cleaned up the database, removing all the entries. When I added the same share back (NFS), it didn't add the movies back but TV Shows were no problem.

Well, I have it really simple, to be honest. On my NAS
    I have a directory called Video with two more in it, TV
    and mov:

Video

--- TV

--- mov

That is all. In Kodi/LibreELEC I just went to "add video"
    and used Windows (SMB) or Zeroconf Browser, added
    the path and that is all.

That worked the last two years fine with my two Raspberry
    Pis and Xbian, but now there seems to be a problem, I
    just cannot identify.

Especially, with TV working fine, but mov not. Really weird
    this is.

Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Network. There, you can turn off the wireless network.
    Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Connections. There, you can click on the Wired connection, then select Edit -> IPv4 -> IP Address
    Method
    to edit the IP

As for the library, I had that as well when I was moving to MySQL. I removed and added all the sources again. Try removing the sources.xml file, then removing the Movies file location, restarting LibreELEC, then adding it back again.

Thanks, the first two things helped.

Regarding the source scanning I was not successful. I did everything you said, even activated NFS on that directory to try that way, but it stays the same: It always scans the first file/movie and then stops and goes directly to cleaning. :\

Err, I hesitate to say this go into android & check you have the network settings there correctly.

Then go into libreelec, libreelec settings, you should be able to enable & disable the wireless setting.

I'll assume you have set the correct content?

Thanks, I have set in Android the new IP, but in LibreELEC it
    is still the old one although rebooting. Or do I have to do the
    toothpick thing again? How to find those LibreELEC settings,
    you spoke of?

Yes, for the folder I set the usual thing: movies and scraping
    with the moviedb or universal scraper. Both should do the
    work, but it does not work. TV series worked good.

I am left now with three issues, I just cannot solve:

1. How do I change the IP? I went into LibreELEC/Kodi settings, but there I can only see, but not alter it.

2. How do I turn off the WiFi modules? I do not want to have them on, while not needed.

3. On my Synology NAS I have set up two folders, e.g. tv and mov. Both I have added as sources in LibreELEC/Kodi, but the scraper can only access/scrape the files in tv for TV SHOWS. When I am trying to scrape the files in mov for MOVIES it will not work. I clicked then on "show recent added movies" and it says "cannot access directory", but that is impossible, as the files are all accessible in the file manager, meaning I can find them all there and even click/play them. Both directories are lying besides each other and have the same rights, as far as the NAS is concerned.

Hi, I bet you are getting a bit peed off by now.

My last idea would be to ask a member on this forum with the exact box, to create the image on an SD card, plug it into their box just to check it shows up, & then post it to you.

Hm, that might be an idea, but who has exactly an OTT MXQ PRO with 905?
    [hr]

That sounds a bit odd - though I'm no expert.
    Are you sure? All my TV's can show multiple resolutions - equal to or lower than the max.

Well, yeah, I cannot be perfectly sure, that is right, BUT
    as I told, already, I have seen like over 20 posts/comments
    with exactly my issue and therefore I still have hope.
    [hr]

All TVs I have seen CAN show lower resolutions. Problem is in TV box.

See reply above.
    [hr]

Are you sure you don't need something like this? The OTT MXQ Pro has an AV slot, just not your traditional RCA AV setup

SODIAL(R) 4.9ft Long 3.5mm Jack to 3 RCA Male Adapter AV Extension Cable for TV VCD DVD: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Sadly, I'm one of those that have a 720p tv still. I even have a 480p plasma.
    There are many 32" tv's that are 720p, and some smaller tv's are also 720p.
    I'm thinking there is something wrong with your HDMI port.

I will search for a cable like this.
    [hr]

That sounds a bit odd - though I'm no expert.
    Are you sure? All my TV's can show multiple resolutions - equal to or lower than the max.

Yes, as I told before, on two occasions it was not showing
    the picture/screen because of the wrong Hz. It was set to
    60 or 50 and the TV set could not work it.

I does not need to be a resolution issue, but it could be also
    the Hz thing.

AND AGAIN: Even two users HERE in this thread had the same
    problem with the resolution/Hz and overcame it only by using
    a smaller TV set. So much to "all TVs also play lower resoutions".
    That is just not true in some/a lot of cases.

If there is no picture both in Android and Libreelec I would assume a hardware issue. Check if the HDMI socket is properly soldered.

Yeah, as I said, this was my first thought, as well, BUT there
    are really a lot of guys posting this on several YT videos and
    forum posts (even here some pages back) and the only solution
    up to now was to use 720p TV and then set it up there, but
    who has this stuff, anyway? :D

I still have a very old TV set, but, of course, it has no HDMI. :\

I thought, I could overcome this within Libreelec setting-wise
    then.

Btw, is the builds' creator on holiday or something like that?
    Maybe he has an idea/solution.

As I read it swapping the aml_autoscript for the older one will only help if your android install is working and you set the resolution there - so it's the same when libreelec boots from sd.
    Are you saying your android install was working before you toothpicked but now it's not?

No, no, just plain and clear: I have NEVER seen any screen on any setup, either Android or Libreelec. Both stayed black. And this problem is stated often on Youtube or so.

But I do not think, the box is broken or the SD card is corrupt, because they work. I can access Libreelec by Samba for example. On Android I could not access 192.168.1.13, but I think this has to do with the initial setup, in which it is hanging (because I cannot see the screen).

So, I need a 720p TV/monitor to get it running, it seems, BUT I do not have any of these. My TV/beamer/monitors can not show the lower resolution.

Or it has to do with the Hz setting of 60 (or 50). In another forum I read, it was set to 1080p, but with the wrong Hz and therefore it was not showing in TV.

So, there MUST be any way to change a certain file, but I guess the problem also is the initial setup: I cannot go through it in Libreelec (or Android) without seeing it and therefore I am not being able to change the resolution.

There would be ONE idea, I had this night: If I could BLIND FLYING set up the initial procedure, I might be able to change the resolution, BUT that is next to impossible without ever having seen this initial setup thing.

I needed someone who knows every exact click from the very first after the bootup to the end or the place of the resolution change, at least. Maybe a complete and current initial setup video of libreelec on Youtube could help and still it would be difficult, but maybe manageable.

Still, I really hope the creator or one of you guys has a way easier solution.

The kodi forums suggested someone delete the guisettings.xml & reboot How do I change XBMC's default resolution from outside the program? doesn't seem the best idea. I couldn't see anything in my guisettings that would change the screen resolution.

you could try the one I sent, but backup your first.

Thanks, I tried that, but that did not help.
    [hr]

I guess that is not resolution problem, IMHO this is somehow signal strength problem. Maybe your box in original software boosts current while LE keeps it at standard level - which is not enogh for this device becouse output circuit is faulty/non standard.

Have you tried analog output if you have such?

The OTT MXQ Pro has only HDMI output.
    [hr]

I exchanged that auto file and did the toothpick reboot, but it did not help either.

That is really frustrating and I just have only Full HD devices. :\

With the folders you see, it looks like it is a monitor/resolution issue. I tried to find the xml file in my setup to change the resolution, but could not see anything. I don't know if being able to ssh will be any help.

Do you know someone with a 720 tv, you could try to get the initial settings set up?

I can not even imagine, having anyone around using an older TV set like this. That
    must be some older machines then. So, no, does not look good, but I will ask around.

Is there really no other way? I mean on any Kodi setup I have used, I could change
    all the settings by SSH or xml files.
    [hr]

What happens if you pop the sd card, boot to android, change res to fixed at 720p (or whatever works on your tv), stick the card back in and reboot?

Welll, the same thing: black screen because of the resolution thing. It is set to 720p or lower
    and will not show on my beamer or TV or computer monitor.

Well, I have two Pis and they work both on the TV.

So, I have to change something in the settings of
    this box, BUT I could not find the right xml file to
    do that.

Also, Putty/SSH will not work until it is set up first
    in the box, which is a bit stupid, I think. In Xbian
    for example it is activated directly, not to insult
    anyone of the makers.

Btw, the TV says "no signal", right.

Doesn't sound like an sd-card problem, the 511MB is right...

In the absence of kszaq - who'll probably give you the right answer - is it possible libreelec is running with a blank screen? Might be worth ruling that out - it's a long shot but...
    Try sticking

or '\\192.168.x.xx' (with the ackshewal IP of your box, obviously) in the windows explorer address bar on a pc. Anything?

Alright, \\libreelec gave me this:

A directory with a lot of folders/directories named Backup, ConfigFiles, Downloads, ..., Userdata and Videos.

I guess, I am having this stupid issue with the resolution. Can I SSH or anything else to it and change it in the settings menu, if there is one?