Posts by Frischling99

ofc it is not a showstoper. I apologise if i had used a wrong board.

But using an email-address as a SSID is a good idea to give ppl the possibility for a contact.
    Many WLANs are configured like hell (channel settings totaly wrong) and it is hard to find the right neighbour inside a skyskraper.
    A 2nd advantage of same SSIDs in a network is the seamless roaming for clients. They do not know which AP they have to use, they just connect to the AP with the strongest signal.

An example: if my guest networks all named "[email protected]" and my own networks all named "[email protected]" users are able to use their phones even on the restroom without thinking about the right SSID.

That is what live makes easy.

I was just wondering about the fact, that the "@" was forbidden in LibreELEC and thought it is a problem of a regular expression which checks the legal characters.

Anyway: i can live with this behaviour, but maybe the Devs are able to fix this with an upcoming version. If i have to make a bug report with log files and so on, i will do it ofc.

The RPi3 has a built in WLAN.
    And mine is active as an AP, its name is "wlan5".
    All i want is to rename this access point to "wlan5@home".
    But the "@" character is dropped by the input box (options -> libreelec -> network -> Activate AP (tethered) -> SSID -> wlan5@home -> ready -> try it again, bro, because i do not like the @ ).

The RPi3 should not connect to a WLAN called "wlan5@home", he has to become an access point called "wlan5@home".

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Hi chewitt,

sorry but your code does not work here.
    My Linux knowledge is not that good, but i will try to explain what happens:

Code
    # connmanctl
    Error getting VPN connections: The name net.connman.vpn was not provided by any connmanctl> agent on
    Agent registered
    connmanctl>
    connmanctl> scan wifi
    connmanctl> services
    *AR Wired                ethernet_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_cable
    connmanctl> connect wifi_dc85de828967_38303944616e69656c73_managed_psk
    Error /net/connman/service/wifi_dc85de828967_38303944616e69656c73_managed_psk: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist

my RPi3 is connected via ethernet and i just wanted to create an AP inside my living room.

But regarding the legal characters of an SSID: According to last standard 802.11-2012 (Section 6.3.11.2.2), it can be 0-32 octets with an unspecified or UTF8 encoding. So in any case the "@" is a legal octet. I thought that a regular expression is used to cut off illegal characters - never read before the above named papers