Posts by P.Frink

I've had issues like this when the permissions have been changed on /storage, I'd do the 7.95.3 factory AV "toothpick" install then, do the tune2fs with SSH (this will also break /storage if not done) and upgrade to 9.0.2 (just copy the tar archive into /storage/.upgrade and reboot)

Thanks, yes I have tried multiple times, it just will not work with kodi 18 anymore :(

EDIT: Finally fixed, it was the the same issue as Cannot Install/Update Addons afterall

I currently have 9.0.1 & kodi 18.1 running since this was the combination that worked well. I manged to get Samba working finally but this is to do with the SMB setting I played around with.
    I attempted the instruction on the other thread, as this sounds like my issue - zip files work - but not from repositories and no skins installing

EDIT: I have given up and will just put kodi17 on this box and use for samba, no idea why 18 wont work suddenly after years.
    oh well, pity as box has been good and still works.

I've had this box running well for a few years now with 9.0.1 & kodi 18.1, but I did a reset/clean this week, it works fine with 7.95.3 & kodi 17, as soon as i update to 9/k18, I lose all ability to instal, cannot even download a new skin, no SMB , just no connections.

Have a new box and want to keep this for another spare tv.

Gotta b something simple.

Any advise?

I haven never been able to get audio passthrough option available with kodi18.

It was always there on every previous build used on my mx2.

This week I went back to 17, there it was! Upgraded to 18... gone.

Plenty of threads on google about this, tried all solutions but none work. Have tried both hdmi and optical from box, but mx2 running running libreelec with kodi18 will not show audio passthrough option.

Anu suggestions?

First code gets:

Code
    The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1710592 blocks
    The physical size of the device is 1418752 blocks
    Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
    abort ?

Then after a seroes of either Y or N it just goes round and round.

the other xodes are not recognised

Thanks PS, that clarifies things a bit better..., tried to do a toothpick method but now im just getting after a boot screen ....

***Error in check_disks:could not repair filesystem, dropping to debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually:***
    ### Starting debugging shell... Type exit to quit ###
    Sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

I can attach a USB keyboard but dont know what to do to fix this, tried a search but nothing worked.

May have bricked it :(

edit: Does anyone know of another build that is installed easily (ie toothpick method?) on an Mx2? Im using ember which is great, but need kodi 18 now.

If not, I think It's simpler for me to just buy a new box than try to work out all these instructions in here. If anyone would like a free MX2 box, pm me, I'd rather not just throw it out.

Hi All, I have a genuine MX2 I’ve been running for ages with various builds.

Currently running Ember quite well, but kodi 15 is really limiting now.

Im a little overwhelmed by some of the install instructions in this thread as ive only ever previously done the toothpick/SD method. My internal memory is fine.

Will a straight toothpick install work over Ember?

edit: SO im still trying:

1. There is no SSH option to enable on my box??

2. I copied the image storage to a USBstick with the linked creater. now what? stick it in the box and toothpick method? point it to the sky and pray?

I appreciate the effort to put this software together, but the instructions are severely lacking.