Posts by madmalkav

WORKING:

- Ethernet

- Wifi

- Bundled remote

- CEC (tested by theAlevan )

- Analog outputs (tested by theAlevan )

CURRENTLY WORKING ON IT:

- Bluetooth. It is detected, scans for devices OK, but if ends droppping connection for both BT and WiFi or totally freezing the device. In the Armbian forums user armar suggests to use an alternative firmware.

Seems bt problems happens only when scanning for devices or caused by one of my tests devices, recently bought another bt speaker and it is working ok with it playing movie by wifi for some minutes.

TO INVESTIGATE:

- Whitelist seems to show all the refresh rates for 1080p, but for 720p it only shows 50hz, 59.94hz and 60hz. I'm not even sure if this is OK or not.

I CAN'T TEST/WON'T BE ABLE TO TEST SOON, EXTERNAL HELP NEEDED:

- SPDIF output

TODO:

- Enable MCE remote out of the box. I think RC6 protocol is not enabled by default on RK3328 devices like it is on x86 or Amlogic ones.

OK, seems you cannot have two keymaps loaded at the same time even if they are for diferent IR protocols -nec and rc6 in this case-. So I plan to leave support for bundled remote as default. If you want to use a MCE, XBox, ... remote, create the file /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the following line inside:

Code
    gpio-rc-recv    *        libreelec_multi

Random thought: for devices bundling its own remote, I think it would be a good idea to have a GUI option for enabling other remotes, or at least to enable MCE type remotes as this seems to be the most popular ones. Probably just a checkbox that will create/remove a file /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with "* * libreelec_multi".

- Find a way to get the device suspended instead of powered off so you don't have to disconnect and reconnect power supply to power it on again. Works on Android, on LibreElec /sys/power/state only shows freeze and mem , both syspend the device but it won't reactive with the IR remote or an USB keyboard.

FINAL BOSS:

- Rewrite the dts file in a way it can be commited for inclusion in mainline.

The last version of the dts file I'm using , along with other useful files can be found at: GitHub - madmalkav/TV-Box-DTS

I'm providing an alpha build in case anyone wants to help test the issues without having to compile from zero, but I take zero responsability if this build breaks your device, drive you mad or both: MEGA

Be aware this box have pretty terrible cooling: I was having playback problems until I took the PCB from its case. This is the same situations for some users in Armbian forums, so try to find a way to improve cooling. I will try to change CPU governor to mitigate the issue but is is not enough to completely fix it.

Im using this with the A5X max, i need to use the *mx10 dtb for the video properly display.

Hi Wasco. With that DTB file , which hardware work and which hardware doesn-t? I have tried and I get ethernet but not wifi , BT -I;m not even sure this box have BT to be honest- nor the remote. I have tried another one that have working wifi but no ethernet. In the coming days I'll investigate how to get the Android DTB and how to generate DTB files to see if I can get this box fully supported, so any tip can be of help :)