Posts by lucize

Yes, tried that but didn't work, either of them (the append or the added option to kernel)

Maybe if root is not set in kernel config it would take the u-boot root settings, root= from kernel is appended to root= from u-boot if both sections are present

but even if I changed the config to /dev/mmcblk0p1 or /dev/mmcblk0p2 it will fail, maybe the image is not correctly created ?

I have this fat32 partition 1 and the partition 2 is a 32MB one

Code
        28.033 sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime2.dtb
    <DIR>      extlinux
     6.338.424 KERNEL
    99.241.984 SYSTEM
            48 KERNEL.md5
            48 SYSTEM.md5
    5 File(s)    105.608.537 bytes
    1 Dir(s)     430.907.392 bytes free

jernej how can I have dynamic partitions, I see in config that

CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init"

but then it will fail with

but the u-boot image is booting with

Code
    Kernel command line: boot=UUID=0803-5609 disk=UUID=7faabc68-44a0-446a-a69b-dcdcbbf4aaf3 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init

can this be set outside of the generic kernel config or per device type so I won't have to change it in the generic one ?

Regards

jernej

I'm trying an A20 olimex-lime2 image build from your repo, but if I do

Code
    PROJECT=Allwinner DEVICE=A20 UBOOT_SYSTEM="olimex_lime2" ARCH=arm make image

then u-boot fails to compile with

it's going on using the u-boot CONFIG_SYS_LONGHELP=y

if I don't pass the BOOT_SYSTEM="olimex_lime2" then the image is empty

in script/uboot_helper to Allwinner I added the entry

Code
    'A20' : {
    'olimex_lime2' : { 'dtb' : 'sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime2.dtb', 'config' : 'A20-OLinuXino-Lime2_defconfig' },
    'olimex_lime2_emmc' : { 'dtb' : 'sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime2-emmc.dtb', 'config' : 'A20-OLinuXino-Lime2-eMMC_defconfig' },
    },

the other options where taken from H3 board example and the kernel config was completed with a tested working config, beside other kernel patches do I miss something ? I don't see other patches for A20 missing on u-boot, as the board is fully supported

Thanks