Posts by Klaver7

Depending on how the bootloader code is setup this probably is a byproduct of some of the current popular methods of creating a multi-boot and because of the way u-boot has been altered to handle this type of multiboot. If the internal u-boot sees the card it thinks it needs to use it to pullup the system and run from there.

Other methods of creating a multi-boot that use different code in u-boots monitor to set things up different so it can realize to just treat the sd card as external flash can be done as well tho.

Not sure why so many people have problems with changing ip's and mac's tho as i have never had those issues and at any given time i probably have a least 6 boxes or more running on my network. Personally i always use static IP's and once set they never change as well as the mac's i set. Normally i just set them in a script that runs once the box boots up but i have also slipped streamed them into the box's u-boot as well and they always seem to stick...

Please educate us

All ok with 18.2, update and fresh install all works well. Mac is still random but fixed IP works once again.

For people with freeze up at start/stop I run Kodi System setting at 50 hz. and dont have any freeze or hanging. All still play's very smooth!

And in my case also, Refresh Rate = off and no whitelist as it seems to do that automatic.

Great job once again and thank you datrh :)

Minix X8h-Plus = Flashed with: "X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT.img" Startup takes a while so please be patient!!!

Before I flashed, I tried the 17.6 versions, 1st one Booted=(libreelec-x8-h_series.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz) and worked 100%.

After that I cleaned the "Cache" partition. Flashed and gonna test latest 18.1 right now.

More info soon.

=

UPDATE > (I did have to patch the bootloader again!)

Minix X8h-Plus to a Sony Bravia KDL-32W705B Resolution = 1920x1080. Fixed IP works good.!!!

Now for stability, Refresh rate on/off white-list used / not used = freeze up on all. Tried setting the resolution setting in Kodi to 24hz/24fps, hangs!

Tried the 60hz/blah, also hangs. Now here we go again, setting the Kodi Refresh rate to 50.00 hz(1920x1080) 50hz, Refresh rate > Off, Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON and no longer crashes on Stop / Pause and fast foreward etc. Pretty weird but it seems to like the 50hz. Same on my X8 Plus that is hooked up to a benq monitor.

But I am super glad that the Custom firmware you made 4 the X8h-Plus works like a spear. True shutdown and no more yanking the plug LOL

Thank again for all your time you are puttung into this

oh ja. I do get a Minix LOGO when the thing boots, so dun know where the black screen story came from :)

Using latest "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1 > PC Monitor 1920/1080 - 50/60 hz. , am I the only on that that kodi freezes up at stop/ end of program or movie with Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON ? When I turn it off there are no hangups but quality is not as good. Adjust refresh rate tried off / Start-stop / always , tried them all. Whitelist active and not active. It might be cause I got a 22" monitor(HDMI) behind it.

Not complaining but wondering if I missed a setting as triks quated above "Don’t forget to enable resolution switch" ...

___

UPDATE-!

When I drop the monitor resolution in Kodi settings to 1920x1080 50hz, Refresh rate > Off, Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON,

all is fine. No longer lockups!

Thanx again datrh for all your work and info.

Testing your "LibreELEC-X8-H_Series.arm-8.2RC-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz" on the X8 Plus with Finless 5.1 firmware(Probox ex2). Works very good and again true shutdown(0 watt). My question is about the Kodi power menu: "Boot from internal(boot to andoid)" just boots the thing back to the SD-card.

Is that because it's the finless bootloader instead of the Minix one?

Tried it also with Super Favorites > command and used: "System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand" but it dont react to that.

Code
    <item id="xx">
            <label>Reboot from internal</label>
            <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
            <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
    </item>

Dont work either, I searched through the forum and could not find someone with a finless rom that could provide any info on that.

Firmware = Finless lollipop rom 1-0 for the X8h(it works fine on the x8 Plus) , dont know if I can post the link here but I am sure that you know to find it if needed. True Power off = with the kodi power menu or remote control(original) I can shut the box down. So there is no standby or sleep. To turn the box back on I just punch the button on the box and voila it start back up. No need to remove power-plug at any time!

Using your test "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190310183315-782f78e.img" to USB-stick right now and it works Great, Cant get it to crash and I throw anything against it! Cant wait for a final version as it play's stuf very smooth.

On the "X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984" I hads to turn off hardware accel. as it would hang sometimes.

btw. the box is NOT rooted, took that out.