Posts by count00zero

... about the poor efficiency of the cooling system on N2 (costs do not meet the requirements of the result), referring to the fact that at that time I had no sample of N2 (by the way, actual tests have confirmed the correctness of my calculations)....

I must correct you (as others did many times) ... I'm no fanboy but rather manufacturer & SOC agnostic; always looking for the hardware which suits my needs best. So: just an ordinary user and I still have to say that the N2 cooling / temperature curve is superior to anything else I saw ...

Comparison; both more or less in some sort of idle mode:

My RockPi4:

LibreELEC (official): 8.90.015 (RK3399.arm)

21:31:56 up 30 min, load average: 1.34, 1.57, 1.41

78.125 Celsius

My N2:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190607 (Amlogic-ng.arm)

21:41:50 up 29 min, load average: 2.28, 2.04, 1.73

37.500 Celsius

that's all I have to say ;)

a) Poking /sys will work if you figure out the right command (not very helpful advice I know)

b) Multi-channel audio is in the to-do list, but not the highest priority at the moment

c) Not at the moment .. the V4L2/GBM code will need to evolve support for VNC

d) Most likely the TVH add-on currently in the repo doesn't match the minimum version for the Kodi nightly; once 9.0.1 is out this should get resolved

thanks a lot for the information ... I'm happy that there is support & progress, cause the RockPi4 still seem to be scarcly distributed - but it's really powerful in my opinion!

Hey there ... I got my new RockPi4 on friday and it's working quite well with the latest nightly build!

UHD with HDR works GREAT!!!

The GUI (and I am using Aeon Nox Silvo) is really fast and snappy!

... but some questions remain; maybe either of you has got information or an answer in regard of them?!

• is there the possibility to disable the bright green LED? doing so with autostart.sh and echo of default_off to all 3 LED instances below /sys/... didn't do anything :-o
    • do you know anything of the development status regarding passthrough of dolby-atmos (didn't try dts) ... I just get white noise
    • is there a working VNC Server Addon for RK (like for the AMLs) under the sun
    • I an not able to install TVHeadend Client ... any suggestions 4 that?
    • more to come :)

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

count