Posts by kosta

In the meantime my own research tells me that my CPU is too weak for H.265/10bit. So I am going to get an 12th Gen i3. That should be enough to play anything I throw at it.

However, this doesn't answer my 2nd question: will Kodi then pass HDR to the beamer and not tonemap itself? I just want 1:1 signal to the beamer, nothing more, nothing less. Is that possible?

Hello,

I got a new beamer, JVC NZ7, which can also tonemap the HDR. So I would finally like to watch some movies in HDR... previously never really did much with it, except that I've seen it washed out and let it be.

Now, I would like my beamer to tell me it's HDR material and show it accordingly. However, it doesn't... all I get is a stuttery playback and SDR.

So, I have two questions:

1) is my "old" player with i3-6320 CPU still enough to play back 4K HEVC (H.265) 10Bit HDR+, or does it stutter because it doesn't have enough power?

2) should I be able to play it back so, that my beamer tone maps? (same like my AVR is doing audio passthrough, but with beamer, and "hdr passthrough")?

Hardware update is possible, if needed and would fix the problem.

EDIT:

Solved. The problem was disabled audio in BIOS. It was disabled because the computer was used for something else before, forgot to turn it on, and honestly didn't think it needs to be turned on for HDMI audio to work.

Hello,

I hope you can help. Been using LE on RP4, which has been working great for years, and now I would like to move to a small PC that I have laying around.

The PC is an i3 on Asus H110i-Plus mainboard.

H110I-PLUS - Spezifikationen|Mainboards|ASUS Deutschland

The problem is that the AVR (Marantz SR7009), while recognized on RP4, does not get recognized on the PC LibreELEC. I am not sure about the versions, on the PC it's the latest, on the RP4 might be one version before, but that shouldn't be the issue, right?

I'm connecting with the same cable to the same AVR HDMI-in, so that's not it.

Do you have any ideas what the cause might be?

Hello,

After an update to 9.0.0, I'm experiencing major network problems - videos stutter, every 1-2 seconds a buffer-sign, takes a while to play a file.

On 8.2.5 or lower, seems to work fine. I made couple of switches forth and back to confirm. Best performance is in fact with version 7.

However, on lower versions I can't use PlexKodiConnect (at least not with v7, v8 is fine).

I'm usually using NFS, but I tested Samba too, and the result was the same.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks