Posts by Biomecanoid

Hello,

I have 2 Libreelec x86 boxes at home. Today I realized that on one of my boxes Widevine got messed up and won't even re-install.

I have tried to read all threads related to Widevine but I could not find a remedy to my problem.

It seems that Libreelec is looking for Widevine in the wrong path /usr/lib/kodi/addons instead of /storage/.kodi/cmd

https://i.postimg.cc/44FK3mjN/20220821-000046.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/X7GrBn0K/IMG-20220821-004641.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Xv1Y2Pfc/IMG-20220821-014258.jpg

Here is an extract of the log file

2022-08-20 23:20:22.688 T:8791 INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..

2022-08-20 23:20:22.688 T:8791 ERROR <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Widevine CDM is not installed.

2022-08-20 23:20:25.050 T:8791 INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..

2022-08-20 23:20:25.050 T:8791 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <class 'OSError'>

Error Contents: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'peripheral.joystick.so'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.crackle/main.py", line 42, in <module>

get_stream(media_id)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.crackle/resources/lib/globals.py", line 158, in get_stream

if not is_helper.check_inputstream():

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/__init__.py", line 430, in check_inputstream

return self._check_drm()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/__init__.py", line 385, in _check_drm

return self.install_widevine()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/__init__.py", line 33, in clean_before_after

self.cleanup()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/__init__.py", line 360, in cleanup

remove_tree(ia_cdm_path())

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/utils.py", line 331, in remove_tree

rmtree(compat_path(path))

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 718, in rmtree

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 655, in _rmtree_safe_fd

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 675, in _rmtree_safe_fd

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 673, in _rmtree_safe_fd

OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'peripheral.joystick.so'

-->End of Python script error report<--

of course i tried uninstalling and re-installed inputstreamhelper

Please let me know if you have any ideas

You can put the commands in a simple script and then order the execution using a systemd service file in /storage/.config/system.d/ .. it's been a decade since I used LE on x86_64 hardware with X11 services so I have no idea which services you need in the after criteria, but this is the only way to say "after X11 services start, before kodi.target starts"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I am not 100% sure how to do it, is there a relevant short guide ?

Sadly 4K 60hz is not in the whitelist - so i can not enable it from there but my TV does support it. I will try the startup script you suggested thanks

Hello,

I use the following commands to add 4K 60hz resolution to Libreelec/Kodi because its missing from the list:

-----------------------------------------------------

cvt 3840 2160 60

xrandr --newmode "3840x2160_60.00" 712.75 3840 4160 4576 5312 2160 2163 2168 2237 -hsync +vsync

xrandr --addmode HDMI1 "3840x2160_60.00"

xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode "3840x2160_60.00"

-----------------------------------------------------

The commands work fine but upon reboot the settings are gone, how do i save the resolution permanently in Libreelec so that it will always appear in the GUI ?

Hello,

I upgraded my old HTPC so i can finally watch 4K videos. The specs are:

Intel Core i5-7300U Processor

Intel HD Graphics 620

16GB RAM

265 GB for Libreelec

6TB for Movies

ELSKY QM9700/QM9600-6C Motherboard

Everything is fine up to 1080p when I switch to 4K resolution colors are totally washed out and everything is over exposed with an excessive amount of brightness. This can not be fixed by changing settings from the TV.

Also when this happens I lose some settings from the TV, Saturation, Noise reduction, Back stretch and other settings disappear from the TV menu or are grayed out.

Anybody know what is happening ? Am I losing color space for some weird reason ? is this due to the cable not having enough bandwidth ?

To circumvent the problem I made a 2K custom resolution and the problem is not that evident there and can be fixed by settings on the TV.

The problem is present in Kodi menus and Movies. Any ideas ?

First item of the forum rules:

I suggest you move along and stop making drunk assumptions about people who could help you, and we'll leave it at that.

"about people who could help you,"

I stand my case none of you answers where constructive and merely a mockery plus it was not a cry for help, did not need help, it was just a question. You don't have to be like those kids that bullied you at school, you don't have to piss on people to mark you territory. The past may still haunt you at night in bed but you are a grown up now.

Well the below was ironic:

"Along with all your other rules, you should add that all members should be polite and engage in a fruitful conversation, not just make or follow the rules you choose selectively."

but apparently didn't ring a bell :P

Too bad that you have those rules and you expect others to follow them and you are exempt ( very convenient ) you are expected to follow what you preach you were not polite, respectful or patient

"and we'll leave it at that."

Oh man what do we have here a threat over the internet ? this can not be ? this has never happened before I am shaking where I stand. What will you do ? hit the keyboard really hard ? write in capitals ? defy the curfew and come out of your man-cave ?

I don't appreciate being bullied instead of being welcomed so back of and we'll leave it at that.

In English, Flogging a dead horse

We call it being a smart@a$$

Not really. You commented that "so I that I may download higher bitrate movies."

In case you somehow forgot to read our forum rules, we couldn't care less if you were to download movies. It's outside LibreELEC's and Kodi's scope to begin with. You can download all the movies you want, but we can decide if, and when, we provide support.

Apart from the reply I already gave, which apparently didn't ring a bell, the simple answer is "no".

Libreelec is a Media Center oriented OS, you can play any media you want on it. I did NOT ask for help to download movies and I don't need it.

My question was about overclocking, ( Raspberry PI is oveclockable why not x86? ) and that is a permitted subject and does not violate any rules. go read the title of the post again "Overclocking options for x86 ?"

I was very clear and precise with my post, I wanted to squeeze all the power I could from current setup, I described my current and previous setup/specs hoping to expand the codecs and bitrate I could playback on my device. Does not matter if you approve my setup it works reliably you forget its there and works every time. 3 [email protected] + 4gb Ram should be enough for movies and I don't intend to buy a Raspberry PI or an android box that will most probably have lower specs just because its newer. I use Raspberry PIs for other projects.

I suppose that due to the current lockdown you people have been in your man-caves too long and forgot how to talk to people. Along with all your other rules, you should add that all members should be polite and engage in a fruitful conversation, not just make or follow the rules you choose selectively.

If you are having a bad day or if you are a grumpy person in general better don't reply because you don't to seem to have anything constructive to say. Such behavior is not appreciated.