Posts by machello

Update on the Nexbox A95x: I got it working with the latest version.

There was no reply to my earlier post, but someone must have listened :-), because the error message that I mentioned is now gone and /flash is showing the full file names. Also, the menu option "install to EMMC" now displays a message about the installation (it didn't do that before).

However, there's still a small problem with the install2emmc.sh script: it refers to /dev/mmcblk1. After changing that to /dev/mmcblk0 the nexbox was able to boot from EMMC.

Balbes: thanks for the update and, apparently, for listening :)

I tried to install the latest build (2019021) on the Nexbox A95 (dtb: meson-gxl-nexbox-a95x.dtb). Booting was succesful and it seems to run fine. But I was not able to install to EMMC, using the EMMC menu. It keeps needing the microSD card to boot.

Not sure if this helps, but mount gives the following output:

devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=296316k,nr_inodes=74079,mode=755)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /flash type msdos (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/mmcblk1p2 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime)

/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)

securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)

tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)

tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)

tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)

cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)

pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)

bpf on /sys/fs/bpf type bpf (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/rdma type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,rdma)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)

debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)

tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)

mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)

hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)

tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)

Also, I found the following error in the boot messages:

[ 6.559912] FAT-fs (mmcblk1p1): IO charset ascii not found

Also, I noticed that /flash is mounted as 'msdos' and, hence, only has support for abbreviated filenames.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?