Posts by pseddon

I have a problem with displaying my Pictures with Kodi and they are about 10% too big on the hdmi monitor rather than almost exactly filling the monitor screen. The monitor is not set to overscan and has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. It would seem, as I have tried changing the picture resolution, that the picture is resized to overfill the screen even for a picture of 1500 x 1000 resolution.

Any suggestions as to how I can adjust the displayed picture size?

Is it also possible to adjust the pan/zoom effect options so that I have less movement?

Peter

I have recently installed ver 9.2.8 on a Raspi 4 having successfully run an earlier version with an IR remote.

I can't get the IR remote to setup correctly on this version and being a noob I have struggled with even the basics to understand what is going on. I am using an RC6 remote and I have the IR receiver installed on the GPIO.

Using the Infrared Remotes Wiki I have found the following:

Listing /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps includes a file rc6_mce

Testing the keytable using ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce it Reads the table and then returns /sys/class/rc/ no such file or directory, no devices found.

I have created a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with:

* rc-rc6-mce libreelec_multi

is the GPIO automatically enabled?

Any suggestions please?

Peter

I have spent a great deal of time on this problem and I have fixed it!!

This is what I did - how many of these things are actually required I don't know.

1. Passworded the PC's on the network, set a requirement for passwords to be used for access and for passwords to be used when network sharing.

2. Very carefully checked the shared drive network path name and used that in the SMB share path (it included the PC name and the drive letter). Did not include the Directory name as once it had logged on it required me to click the directory to be shared.

I have done nothing about SMB versions or unclicking SMBv1.0 on the PC.

Hope this may help others with the same or similar problem.

Peter

I am trying to setup LibreELEC on a Raspi 3 and the one thing I cannot get to workis being able to access file shares on a Win 10 PC. My first attempt was using OSMC on a Raspi 3 but that didn't work hence the move to LibreELEC. Incidentally setting up win10 shares from my Android TV worked first time.

My Win10 PC is setup with password protection off for network sharing. I see that SMB1.0 File sharing support is on. Until very recently the pc had no overall password but I have now added a password, which made no difference to my problem.

From LibreELEC I am entering the full path name smb:\\192.168.X.X\Shared Vid and I get an "Operation Not permitted" error message followed by a "Couldn't retrieve Directory Information" message. If I BROWSE to add the file path the PC name is available so I assume the network and everything is working correctly.

I have tried to add another local account to use for the share but I get "Something went wrong" when I click "I don't have this person's....". This seems odd! Is something broken or not setup correctly?

I assume the problem is associated with the SMB version. If I switch SMB1.0 file support off then I cannot access the other pc's on the network that all have their network sharing password off. Altogether I have 5 machines on the network plus a TV so any changes I make are going to cause quite a bit of work although my suspicion is that I probably need to do it to improve my security.

Any help for a very ignorant win10/Raspi user would be gratefully received.

Peter