Posts by ACorner

Yes, I have no problem with that opinion at all.

But wait, maybe that's the reason for our discussion: in the image I made last week from a normal LE checkout, all language definitions are present under /usr/share/i18n/locale (~5MB, 1MB as tgz). That's why I was wondering why the locale addon brings them again. You seem to think that they are not present in the image.

But I didn't really wanted to discuss all that ;) The only question that would matter to me is whether the steps I listed are correct and if not, which ones.

Haha, of course. But computers weren't really made to do work for you, but to create additional problems for you ;)

There is definitely a need for some programs to change locale settings. There are many questions on this topic in this forum.

The thing about the locale addon is that a lot of people don't even know this addon exists or even know what to look for in the first place. There are also LE forks where Kodi is not the focus or is even banned altogether. So it would be useful for some if the settings weren't hidden, for others if there were a script, for example, that would easily do the job via an ssh connection.

In the last few days I've been busy adding an additional menu item to the service.libreelec.settings addon, where I think the setting fits well. When thinking about saving the settings, however, I came across the questions I described in the first post.

Thanks for your answer,

Profile data is always in a users home folder.

Yes, that's what I had thought. So I would have expected a /storage/.profile file. That's why I don't understand why profile data is also found in some addon subdirectory.

So would the following work?

- Create a compiled language file with localedef to any location under /storage

- Create LANG and LOCPATH in /stoarge/.profile, where LOCPATH points to the folder with the created language file

Would that be it?

I'm looking for the best way to set localization for programs outside of Kodi. Seems to be a topic that is very good for bursting some brains, because there are tons of paths and files where the setting can/must be stored and every distribution does it differently as well.

Without much Python knowledge I had a look at the locale addon.

In short it does the following:

- copy the files from /usr/share/i18n/locale into the addon directory

- also the program localedef

- set a few paths

- bend the system environment 'I18NPath' there

- create a compiled version of the language definition

- store 'LANG' and 'LOCPATH' variables in the file '10-locale.profile' in a profile.d directory under the addon directory.

And that's where I get stuck: What makes LE look for a profile file in an addon subdirectory? How can the environment variable be set permanently in a readonly system? Or are the settings only loaded when the plugin is running? Do you really need to copy the language definitions and localedef into a writable area?

Or in short, what would be the best way to permanently store the locale settings?

To clarify, I don't want to criticize the addon but learn from it.

Thanks in advance

Only if you add dependency with ADDITIONAL_PACKAGES or somewhere else then files from it can be added to image.

I built my own virtual package, removed the LE vdr-addon packages, added an entry to script/image so that my packages are compiled and added to the image. Don't worry, that's all working fine and as expected.

And why do you need locale in image?

Well, vdr or whatever program simply needs the translations of e.g. menu entries. These i18n files have to be stored somewhere. But now I use .config/vdr/locale. That's okay.

In addon doesn't work?

The vdr addon that comes with LE uses Kodi as frontend, that has his own localization stored in the skin/language folder. I use vdr-plugins as frontend, where the translations are stored in traditional i18n files. That's all.

Don't rack your brain, I'm getting there ;) Enjoy your Sunday.

Code
    post_makeinstall_target() {
    mkdir -p $INSTALL/usr/config/vdr/locale
    mkdir -p $INSTALL/etc/vdr/conf.d
    mkdir -p $INSTALL/usr/bin

cp -r $PKG_DIR/config/* $INSTALL/usr/config/vdr
    cp -r $PKG_BUILD/locale/ $INSTALL/usr/config/vdr/
    # was $INSTALL/usr/share/locale

I finally found the directory where all the .mo files go (you get lost on all these directories ;) ) It's on toolchain/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/share/locale/ . But as LE doesn't support localization it's simply ignored (what is my wild guess)

Okay, maybe I expressed myself incorrectly.

I removed all the vdr-addons from LibreELEC source because I wanted to use the available vdr frontends (which is to be honest a PITA with intel graphics). LE is compiled by myself. So my vdr package acts independent, which gives at least a better timer handling (e.g. acpi wakeup).

The LANG variable is allready set in vdr, I copied the files as you both suggested (and as I described above) to the desired place. But obviously the config dir seems to be the better place, because /usr/share/locale is ignored, deleted or whatever.

Hm, actually I tried several versions containing functions from other plugins. The error message is allways the same. I just stripped the file down to eliminate other mistakes.
    graphlcd-base package ist installed, without errors.

This is the complete package.mk

This is the complete output, seems as if compiling doesn't even start:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a package for the graphlcd plugin for vdr with the following basic entries:

which results in this error message:

Bash
    CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include
    cc1plus: internal compiler error: in add_path, at incpath.c:473
    CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include
    cc1plus: internal compiler error: in add_path, at incpath.c:473
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.
    Please submit a full bug report

I couldn't find any helping explanations till now. May be someone can give me a hint.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Hi,

every time I compile a current development build of LE exactly as described in the wiki I get the following warnings:

Is that anything I should be concerned about? Host is Ubuntu 18.10.

BTW do I have to make image-st now?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Hi all,

as my first development project I tried building a package for vdr-plugin-xineliboutput. Building the necessary xine-lib worked without problems, running configure for xineliboutput showed no errors but it looks as if make could not find a makefile: "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

This is the xine-lib package

Code
    PKG_NAME="xine-lib"PKG_VERSION="1.2.9"
    PKG_ARCH="any"PKG_LICENSE="GPL"
    PKG_SITE="https://www.xine-project.org/releases"
    PKG_URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine/files/xine-lib/$PKG_VERSION/xine-lib-$PKG_VERSION.tar.xz"
    PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="toolchain vdr libva"
    PKG_SHORTDESC="xine-lib"
    PKG_LONGDESC="xine-lib is the xine core engine"
    PKG_IS_ADDON="no"
    PKG_AUTORECONF="no"
    PKG_LOCALE_INSTALL="yes"

This is the package for xineliboutput. The make_target is copied from libreelec's vdr-plugins folder. It's just one version of many that I tried.

Command line output:

I hope that someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Alex