Posts by oilve41

Sorry for slow response...

Finally, I solved the audio issue.

Explanation:

My Odroid C2 is connected to my TV (Pana Plasma), and my TV is connected to a DAC via optical cable which is connected to my stereo amplifier.

I do that cause I cannot connect directly my Odroid to my DAC (usb, spdif, optical input) or my stereo amplifier (no digital input).

Then I tried the following:

1) Audio setting\output config as fixed, and I tried all the Freq levels from 192KHz down to 44KHz.

And then the Alsa HDMI setting is finally working but only at 44KHz (on a movie using DTS)...

So the pb comes from a limitation of my hardware (HDMI ports from my TV should be limited), and not from Kodi/LibreELEC.

2) I also tried Audio setting\Best match, and Passthrough activated and all sub-options (from Passthrough) deactivated (considering my stereo is not able to "read" other things than stereo...).

But not working...: still got Kodi system sounds, but no sound when playing a movie.

3) Finally I kept Alsa Analog option cause I find the sound has better quality than Alsa/HDMI/output fixed up to 44KHz.

So it works.

But I don't understand what Alsa Analog means considering my Odroid is only plugged with a HDMI cable...

Any thoughts?

Finally, I simply upgraded to LibreELEC 9.0.0...

Everything is working EXCEPT audio...?!?

1) System\audio\output Alsa HDMI = I've got sound system in Kodi, but no more sound when reading any media...

2) sound is only working when Alsa is analog.

I don't understand considering my 8.2.5 was working well using HDMI output setting...

I'm lost... I've tried different settings but the only one working is to move setting to Analog...

I've even tried to connect my odroid to HDMI while has always been connected to HDMI 2 (arc).

I guess there is a loss of quality using Analog against HDMI...

So, if you have any idea...?

Hello,

I run LibreELEC 8.2.5 on an Odroid C2.

I'd like to install a brand new LibreELEC 9.0.0 on a new SD card, not upgrading my current Libreelec 8 (to have a clean install).

Then I'd like to restore my settings & database from my current version 8.

I've tried "Backup" add-on:

1) backup LibreELEC 8 on USB key.

2) install LibreELEC 9.0.0 on a new SD card.

3) install "Backup" add-on on 9.0.0.

4) restore via "Backup" add-on using USB key.

RESULTS= it worked except for the database...

Note:

-I didn't restore advance settings.

-"Backup" add-on warned about different Kodi version before launching the restore action.

QUESTION=

Do you know how to restore the database from "Backup" add-on (LibreELEC 8 ) on LibreELEC 9, please?

Or should I try to backup my Kodi using the Parameters\System\Backup Kodi etc.?

Appreciate your thoughts.