Posts by azido

No worries. This just means your downloads folder isn't found directly under /storage.

Use the same command, but with /storage/sdcard0/Download/dtb.img.gz as the target (or wherever under /storage you can find your Download folder in internal memory, in Android 5.1 it should be the above path.

cheers,
    azido

Say you wanted to map that red button to 'up'.

So you want to replace the line:
    0x16 396
    with
    0x16 103

In simple terms ('cos I have a simple understanding of this!) the first column of numbers in your remote.conf (the ones in hex) is a list of the remote keys, the second column is the list of what they're read as.

Long presses are mapped within kodi, not in remote.conf.

Yeah, i've got that sorted thanks to your explanation. Just want to explore what's going on in the default configuration file and what 396 initally should trigger. As it's labeled "KODI" on the remote in android it will probably just start Kodi, if installed. Looks like a modification to me.

Anyway, still don't know what the "repeat_key_begin" section in the remote.conf usually does. In my understanding the "key_begin" section simply defines the press key action, while "repeat_key_begin" performs an action after the given value "repeat_delay" for the already pressed key.

If that's the case, one could raise the delay a bit and set actions to apply as you would use in your longpress modifications in keyboard.xml.

By default, it looks like "repeat_key_begin" has exactly the same defiinitions as "key_begin".

Anyway, this get's a bit offtopic in here. Thank you for your help so far.

Hello,

I had a similar problem, as I wanted to change some of the keys on my remote. I followed this HOWTO: Ir remote control - WeTek Community Forum

(please note: the link to the Linux header file is wrong, you find the required key codes in linux/input-event-codes.h at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub).

Thank you so far, this reall helps me understanding the system behind.

one question though: if i'm understanding right, only 0-255 (254) are valid key codes. But in my original remote.conf i have entries like

0x16 396

This is the "RED BUTTON" on the remote, scancode results in 0x18c (which is 396 in decimal). Does this mean it is assigned like this:
    #define KEY_MEMO 0x18c /* Media Select Messages */ (which is a "button" assignment) and therefore cannot be recognised properly by kodi as it only reads keystrokes?

And another question: How can i define "long-press actions" in remote.conf - simply add another value to the same ircode but for repeat action? (repeat_key_begin)

Again, thank you.
    [hr]

You can probably use this udev rule to set the MAC accress, until kszaq gets a chance to correct it permanently

Uh.. so i'm not mad. I was really confused as this is the 1st device ever i saw without a fixed mac address

hello there,

i'm having some issues with my remote of the T95-max. This is the remote:

As told, i copied the original remote.conf from the android installation to root of SD. Some of the keys work, some not. This is the same in Kodi in Android by default, but those keys that don't work initially (for example the INFO key) are useable when using the Kodi-addon "keymap editor". I Press the key (LONG) and Kodi recognizes it so i can assign a function to it. In LE's Kodi, that key (like many other keys of that remote) won't be recognized at all.

I'm pretty sure the cause of this is that on this remote there are 45 keys and in most remote.conf configs i found in here there are less, so they simply don't get remapped anyway.

So, @kzsaq: Can you tell me where and how to insert the mappings for those additional keys so i can use them - or can you check the remote.conf and add the mappings?

Would be nice.

Original remote.conf below.

Just wondering:

My router (Fritz.Box 7490) is able to tell me when a new client connects to the network. It does this as long as it don't get a fixed name in router setup. What was interesting about that: tried to boot up my android box several times yesterday, and on each boot it connects to the network with a different mac-adress.. this is the first time i ever saw a network client that changes it's mac adress on it's own, i thought that one should be a fixed and unique one?

Is this normal behaviour for LE installations, or is there something i should correct?

Normally i wouldn't mind, but for security reasons i'd like to have my network secured by only allowing specific mac-adresses, and this might break connection for the android tv box.

Yes but only if you have original Android firmware on internal storage, otherwise dtb might be incorrect. You can execute dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz and you'll find compressed device tree in Downloads share.

I'll make sure to pass you mine too (i guess this works in terminal from twrp recovery, right=?)

You have to mount internal storage manually, e.g. add these lines to autostart.sh:

Code
    mkdir -p /media/internal
    mount /dev/data /media/internal

Hello there,

first of all a BIG thank you to @kszag for this great implementation and hard work to bring us a funky solution using kodi on a 905 device without the stress of poorly or not at all supported android boxes. Without your work, i would surely return my box.

I got libreelec working on my "Bqueel T95-max" box which is a nice box in general (2GB Ram, 32GB eMMC, Android 5.1. S905 020C Revision) but has audio passthrough issues in kodi (everything except standard PCM stereo sound gets drop outs all 4-5 seconds) which really drove me mad. I've done a lot of search on the net and got no really helpful input on that except "get a supported box like the wetek hub, core or play" - unless i found these builds in here.

I was able to change recovery to TWRP by flashing the build for Minix Neo U1 P200_2G board successfully, so backups are creatable. Flashed it using TWRP-manager app. It told me flashing failed, but after a reboot to recovery it was there and it stays permanent & fully functional.

There is no update for this box yet (Build date seems to be 2016/05/17, pretty recent), if i could give you my device tree info without an update.zip containing a dbt.img by collecting info of the running system, let me know.

Anyways, here my findings:

- LE runs fine using SD-Card installation, screensize perfect, framerate switching perfect on my Panasonic UHD 4k TV.
    - Everything is smooth and running exept Blutooth (although it worked before on another try, maybe my fault anywhere)
    - AC3 5.1, DD, DTS passthrough works perfect
    - DTS-HD, when enabled in Kodi settings, results in silence. When disabled in Kodi settings, it goes to my AVR as DTS (although that yamaha surely supports DTS-HD decoding)
    - TRUE-HD: no sound at all, unless i disable passthrough and get standard PCM 2.0. (my Yamaha also supports TRUE-HD decoding)

I can live with that, but would be even happier if i'm able to sort that out.

I was even so happy that i tried to install LE to nand, which also -like others reported- threw me back to 1280x720@60hz in Kodi, rendering every other resolution unusable like in the screenshots you've seen before. Hopefully that can be fixed, too.

But well, my biggest "dissapointment" about the SD installation was the complete non-observance of the fast internal memory (remember 32gb) which made me thinking about switching back to android for a better performance and using pcm 2.0 sound again. Luckily enough i took the time to read all posts in here, so i found the above "mapping" of internal memory to make it visible to kodi. Setting up a path substitution for thumbnails to be created on the internal memory in advancedsettings.xml did the trick, and now i have a super-smooth gui experience AND almost perfect sound

Again, thank you! I'll be sure to drop you some money for a beer or too..

Here is a pic of that device: