Posts by azido

There is a way but you will have to compile it yourself and play a bit with bind-mounting folders.

Or if you wait a bit I will post a new build this weekend. :)

As we are already reached the weekend, i'll stick to 2nd option :) Will you use sources from krypton nightly on it?

(If there is a good turorial how to compile my own le build and the mentioned bind-mounting, let me know anyways, i'm always willing to learn something new)

Might be the trouble, yeah. Cable and Router can't be blamed, as i can successfully connect my laptop with 1Gbit on exact the same cable/router setup. Must be a not so good soldered port then. Damned. :@

Finally found a workaround for this with buying an usb-2-gbit adapter which successfully connects as eth1 with full gigabit speed :)

(Second good value on that: i have a fixed mac adress again, as that adapter provides one.)

Gigabit Ethernet uses all eight lines in the cable, 100 Mbit only the inner four. If gigabit is not working in android as well, your hardware is likely the source of the problem. Change the cable to one that you know is good and connect directly to a working gigabit switch or PC. You could also check if the rj45 socket is properly soldered to the board using a multimeter.

Might be the trouble, yeah. Cable and Router can't be blamed, as i can successfully connect my laptop with 1Gbit on exact the same cable/router setup. Must be a not so good soldered port then. Damned. :@

I have the same problem on a Q box s905 2g 16gb, I can't get gigabit ethernet working if I switch my router to fast ethernet 10/100 my box gets an IP address but if I change the router back to gigabit ethernet the box won't connect to the network.
    If I look at ethtool it say the port is 10/100/1000 so I have no idea what is wrong.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

To make sure it's not my network i take the box to my office today and check it there. Strange thing is i can't even use gigabit on preinstalled android 5.1. Although router tells me it's connected with an assigned good ip and dns entry, i have no internet connection. If i manually set port speed on router (or switch) to 100Mbit, all is fine. Crazy.

To make things even worse:

As mentioned before, i cannot get any of the p200_2g 1Gbit device trees to work properly with my android box (full 1 Gbit speed not working, cannot get access to mysql from the LE, cannot access internet - network connection works internal though, i can access the LE samba shares from my windows pc, but it takes a delay of about 15 seconds before i can access them, and data transfers are slow and corrupted.)

Now today i tried both p200_2g_100m device trees from .008, and none of them work for me. I get only internal ip (169.254 stuff) and no connection to my router at all.

If i use a configurable switch where i can limit the port to 100mbit, i can use any of the four p200_2g_1gbit device trees successfully, but well.. limited to 100mbit.

I'm no real network pro, so this is very confusing for me. Any hints?

Hi there,

tried the actual dev-build of .008 dated 28.10.16, with device trees from same date.

No matter, which device tree i try (p200_2G is matching my hardware, so i tried all of them), i cannot get my Android Box to use it's Gigabit Ethernet to it's full potential.

If i set port speed to 100Mbit, all is fine, Android Box connects to mysql and the internet without a problem. If i set it to auto or fix it to 1000Mbit full duplex, it connects to my network (all samba shares of the Android Box are accessible from my windows pc, although it takes some time after rebooting to access them), but it no longer connects to mysql on my pi and also has no internet access anymore. As soon as i switch back to 100Mbit, all goes fine again.

Anyone has a hint on that behaviour? Anything i can provide as a log?

(In fact, i never got the gigabit connection fully working on that box, even on the pure installed android.. strange as it should work)

azido can i ask if you have this t95 Max 2gb 32gb working ?
    I have been given one of these to put LE on SD card
    But i have never seen one of these boxes before.
    Device tree used / Version of LE is my query and that remote is not one I've seen either.
    Thanks.

Hi kostaman,

i'm running LE .007 version from kzsaq. I've supplied the device tree for version .006 to him and he prepared it for usage on the .006 build, you can find it here: gxbb_p200_2G_t95max.dtb

After that, i've updated the LE build to .007 without any change to the device tree.

The remote.conf of original android 5.1 on this box needs to be edited in order to make use of all keys.

Hi,

tried 007 on SD by updating from .006. All fine so far as i can tell on my box. Multichannel PCM is working as expected.

When i exit Kodi, i get some noise (like "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr") before the shutdown, like if the sound driver get's somehow distored.

Beside that, i'm getting this in Kodi.log:

19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.aeon.nox.silvo
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.robwebset
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.libreelec.tv
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 ERROR: AML: no rw on /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 720 x 480 for display 0 with 720 x 480 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found ([email protected]) at 18, setting to RES_DESKTOP at 16

..dunno if this makes any trouble.

I've noticed another strange behavior of the volume up/down buttons too:
    Sometimes I can use it to adjust the volume on my AVR during watching a movie but sometimes it just writes a red text about audio passthrough enabled so it cannot use...
    I haven't figured out when can I use it and when not.

1st problem can be fixed inside remote.conf - i'm pretty sure the event code for that button is mapped to key_up (103) instead of key_volumeup (115). open a shell on your machine and use dmesg -c after you pressed that button. this should give you the scancode of that button. Now search in remote.conf for that scancode and change the event code (the 2nd number in that line) to 115. This should fix it. (for more mappings use this info source: Linux event codes )

For that audio thing: Try to set standard audio device AND passthrough audio device to hdmi. Also try if disabling gui sounds help. Might worth a check to try different "keep audio alive" settings. Check debug.log after you started a movie that does not allow CEC to work properly. To me it sounds like kodi does not switch over sound control to hdmi and thinks you try to alter a pt-stream with analog methods, which gives you the (correct) warning popup about not being able to alter pt.

@tecbox@ Memory management will be better in next release.

Uh, already working on 007?

Actually i fooled around the whole day inside .006 installing Aeon MQ7 skin, making extensive use of artwork addons and testing views, and ram usage is on 41%, which in my opinion is a really good value for that kind of use. On previous version i switched some views and was already on 60+% of ram usage.

I've checked the log file and you're right, it's the same problem as you.
    I've tried your solution b) and it works perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help.

You're welcome.

Good to have a confirmation for my theory that mysql rejects clients with too much difference in time/date AND it can be solved by the sleep command for all ppl with that problem.

My findings on the new build so far:

- SD installation, done exactly as described in OP, went smooth. Had no trouble. ATM i don't want to experiment on NAND installation.

- LE starts up with 1280x720 resolution, so does kodi. Switching to 1920x1080 in kodi went fine. Boot screen keeps at 1280x720. Any option to change it to 1920x180 on boot again (like in 005)? It's just cosmetic, but the splash image get's ugly on the lower resolution. Got that sorted, booting into Android and disable auto switch to best resolution did it.

Have you tried enabling "Wait on network" in LibreELEC Settings?

Of course i did. That doesn't help though, because the problem is not the network. The connection gets established fast (Eth0), but the time server responds a bit too late. Putting the sleep command into autostart.sh did the trick for me.

Installed on a beelink m18 using a new sd card, following instructions, without problem.
    All seems to be ok, except the connection with the remote mysql database, installed on a Windows 10 PC.
    In previous versions I had to reboot the box some times to get connected. Now, I've rebooted al least 10 times without a hit.
    Otherwise, the network (wired) is ok. I can see the remote drives and all the add-ons work without problems.

Thanks a lot.

Check your kodi log file. if the timestamp (on the left) shows up 01:00 am when booting kodi, you have the same problem as me: your box has no RTC clock and therefore it starts with an incorrect time/date, which causes mysql to reject the connection.

2 possible solutions then:
    a) Set a timeserver inside LE configuration screen. Boot up as usual, wait inside kodi for about 30 secs. Reboot (warm).
    b) put autostart.sh into configfiles dir with "sleep 30;" in it. Now on every boot it waits 30 seconds before kodi starts, network is already connected and has enough time to get a response from time server.

This should fix your issue. At least it did for me.

Can't you set a ntp server in the LibreELEC setting, network, timeserver?

Or am I talking rubbish.

I guess that one is taking place when kodi has already been started. Of course i added a timeserver in config.
    [hr]
    Another thing i found browsing a debug log:

01:00:12 T:548217266176 NOTICE: FFmpeg version: 2.8.6
    01:00:12 T:548217266176 NOTICE: WARNING: unsupported ffmpeg version detected

Can i change that one myself or has it to be included in next LE build?

That is because this device does not have RTC on board and you have to wait until NTP server replies with proper time to your software timer in device software.

Yeah. Still wondering if some kind of "waiting" or a manual set for date/time is possible. On ubuntu i can use ntpd to do a manual query for a given timeserver, on LE there is no ntpd.

Hi there,

it seems my box is resetting date/time to 01.01.1970 01:00 am on every cold boot and after some time (betweet 30 secs and a minute) it gets the correct date/time when it has an established network connection. This also happens on Android. Problem with this is that Kodi tries to connect to my Mysql-Server with that incorrect time/date and cannot get through, and so i have no database on Kodi startup. I'll have to wait until the correct time/date are displayed in Kodi and then do a warm reboot to get my Mysql-connection working.

Is there anything i could add to autostart.sh to set/read the correct time/date before Kodi reads my advancedsettings.xml ? Or a pause setting? I want to make sure my wife can use Kodi without rebooting several times ;)

(Wait for network setting doesn't do the trick as the network is available right from the start, it must be the time/date setting and i can reproduce that problem)