Posts by Rbee

any feedback is much appreciated, if my box installs the Tanix mini dual boot system with the s905w chipset with no issues. Which LibreELEC Firmware or IMG would I use. Seems to be a simple answer but I can not get my device to boot with either the img I am selecting or the process. I always choose the p212 dtb,img but I am having no success. I dont want to use a dual boot Tanix system. I only want a LibreELEC. system install. I have no problem completing this task with the usb pc version. I just cant seem to get it right with the mxq s905w 3.14.29 lLnux kernel box I am using.

thanks for all the help guys, I took buzzmarshall's advice and opened the box and it is running on a s905w chipset, But I then downloaded an app to tell me device specs and this is what shows up.

DEVICE: AMLOGIC p281

RAM: 1GB

KERNEL: LINUX 3.14.29

SOC:1: S905

CPU:Amlogic P281 Quad-Core Cortex A53 28nm Processor 2.0GHz

PLATFORM: AMLOGIC

BOARD: p281

BOARDF:> p281

cores: 4

family: Cortez-A53

machine: ARMV8L

AABI: armbaei-v7a

GPU: Mali-450

Support H.265 hardware decoding, H.264 up to 4K 30Hz

Playstore, XBMC pre-installed

Support Mira-cast DLNA

Supports Dolby and DTS

Does this at all make sense? it list s905 as the chip set and not s905w as it did when I opened the box

Also Mr Chewitt, can you recommend a couple of TV boxes with Gigabit Ethernet and at least 2-4 GB ram and between 16-64 GB ROM that will not break the bank and is also supported by LibreELEC. Don't want to go the MXQ route.

ALSO THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CHIMED IN TO HELP ME OUT. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Thank you

pspablo_pl

I will try it right now and I really appreciate your feed back. I have 3 projects I am working. Just for fun and to learn more about LibreELEC. I have installed it on a All-in-one pc which makes for a great move around HTPC and also trying to figure out how to get this Intel C8 dual boot tv box to come back to life. Had it about 3 days and it just went to some sort of brick mode. Red light on but will not boot, I will update you soon on the p281 to let you know of any success, thanks again,

Hi, I would appreciate any assistance with helping finding the correct firmware for my box. Is a box I got from cable records but any other identifying information is not possible I was told it is a mxq but I don't find that information and majority information refers back to the Builder I guess or model is p281 device p281 inboard tol, q81 updated for months and not clearing if I am getting the right firmware and build so I can finally get this box updated because. Don't know if it's an mxq or what because the in the box is labeled able Wreckers and I am hoping with the information I provideb3,the box is labeled as a Cable Wreckers Box and I am coming across s905w if someone can't confirm or maybe point me in the right direction for a build confirm

Brand Amlogic

Model p281

Device p281 it M C

CPU Mode. Quad Core ARM

Render. Mali-450MP

I most def will. I took the bottom I guess you say off of this thing just to see what was going on inside didn't even touch anything and it's now won't turn on it just keeps the red light on and I didn't even do anything. But are the raspberry pi's difficult all I see is build kits but maybe there semi put together? And sorry for the late reply again I didn't know you message me but I just downloaded some app that I guess we'll help with the process once I get a message it should coffee notification

i bet that Mazda get better use out of its speakers than Do. I have the mini PC connected to my "70 Vizio Model #P02ui-B3, I thank you for replying to my post. I have been using Kodi for a couple of years but decided to get into LibreELEC just because I like messing around with the electronics and kind of fixing things myself but seems like a lot of guys on here have went to school for this kind of thing but for me it's just a learning process and I don't mind learning as I believe we setup 4 days trying to get certain things to work and before I know it 7 to 10 hours I've gone by but for some reason it seems fine to me LOL

Hello everyone, first time I've actually gotten a chance to ask a question because this is driving me crazy. I just got a mistake but a cx8 dual boot running 8.1 I have not been able to get the sound to play out of this thing since I got it last week and yesterday I put the LibreELEC Kodi version. Pictures of this great everything's nice but again I cannot get sound out of use the Intel driver update app and nothing can someone please direct me to a driver a solution or anything that will solve this problem for me please, thanks ahead of time.