Posts by fp01

That modification worked perfectly in a simple test script using that IP (172.16.0.1 is my modem/router) and also as expected with one that's not in use. Hopefully this will act as a 'plaster' until I can sort out a plan B...funds permitting, new carpets could mean running ethernet, but I might just settle for powerline.

I found how to put the blue LED back on so posted here for reference:

Code
    echo heartbeat > /sys/class/leds/blue\:heartbeat/trigger

Doing this means I can see if the unit has locked up completely or if it's just Kodi getting confused.

Thanks both for your assistance :)

If I start the script manually, line 6 echoes to the console every minute or so as it should. I might disable the tail command and just have it log everything for a while to check it doesn't stop running for no reason.

I have noticed sometimes after rebooting the device, I usually/always have to manually toggle the connection in LibreELEC settings straight away as it shows "failure" under the network name. I wonder if I've written the 'if' statement incorrectly because it doesn't restart the wifi for this, or log anything to the log file after the first write to say it's active.

There's no internal wifi in the C2, I'm using a USB adapter, this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/b06wwhh29y/. I'm not sure why it drops out, the signal is decent enough. It's not a fancy adapter but I didn't have any trouble using it with my (Windows) laptop, and that was through a long USB extension cable in a hotel, so I didn't have to sit by the door to get online as the signal was poor.

I occasionally have a wifi dropout and (I guess) because I use a remote SQL database for my library, eventually Kodi totally freezes meaning I have to power cycle to get it working again.

I know I can automatically start a bash script with Kodi on LibreELEC so have created this one, it seems to start OK but doesn't detect it loses connection (nothing's written to the log). Any ideas please?

I run LibreELEC on my ODROID-C2, is there a way to temporarily restore the heartbeat on the blue LED to verify it's not a total lockup?
    Thanks for reading