Posts by snakebilewine

snakebilewine Read post 795 just above...this script won't work and I don't know what the answer is.

Thanks for the reply Zomboided.

Are you thinking this is a wider issue, or something specific to my build? Just strange as I have the most standard, vanilla build possible. Unless its an issue specific to my VPN provider? sorry not certain I understand. I should note, I brought my Pi into my office, and got the same result (different ISP).

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot or progress the issue?

Hi all,

I have an issue i've not seen on this thread, or any other, after scouring through for a while, I hope I haven't missed something obvious! Also, if im honest i'm not 100% certain this is truly an issue with this add-on, as you will see below in the description. I have just created this account to post this fault, I hope that's OK too - my troubleshooting has reached the end of my ability.

I'm running LibreElec 8.2.5 on a Raspberry Pi B+ (RPi2.arm) and have version 5.0.7 of this wonderful add-on installed. This is all pretty bare bones, straight out of the box - currently nothing else installed (except BBC iPlayer). I have a subscription to NordVPN of which Im using on a Kodi 17.6 install.

My issue is my DNS traffic is not using the VPN tunnel interface and/or my DNS settings are not being updated to use the VPN assigned. My VPN connects fine via the add-on, but if I SSH into it and run and NSlookup, I see the DNS server dished out from my router being used to do the lookups, not the VPN assigned DNS server.

This appears to be a common issue and so I'm attempting to use Zomboided's potential DNS fix which I believe to be the correct thing to do if I have read the wiki right. I have placed the update-resolv-conf.sh script into "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager", applied the fix via the add-on menu and reset the VPN, but now my VPN will not connect at all. I see in the log, these last few lines of text:

07:09:19.522 T:1762653088 NOTICE: Mon Jan 14 07:08:03 2019 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/update-resolv-conf.sh tun0 1500 1585 10.8.8.180 255.255.255.0 init

07:09:19.522 T:1762653088 NOTICE: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/update-resolv-conf.sh: line 30: syntax error: bad substitution

07:09:19.522 T:1762653088 NOTICE: Mon Jan 14 07:08:03 2019 WARNING: Failed running command (--up/--down): external program exited with error status: 2

07:09:19.522 T:1762653088 NOTICE: Mon Jan 14 07:08:03 2019 Exiting due to fatal error

Which would appear to be a syntax issue with the update-resolv-conf.sh script on line 30 (which is "for optionname in ${!foreign_option_*} ; do,") but I am unable to diagnose what the issue is. I get the same fault if I run the script in the terminal, or close there to (./update-resolv-conf.sh: line 30: syntax error: bad substitution)

I hope someone may point me in the right direction to resolve my DNS fault. I'm happy to upload any logs that may be required.

Thanks for your time.