How does this work?
The 8.0.0 build looks for the LIBREELEC_DISK label at every boot and will use the first device it finds with the correct label for storage.
You have 2 options how to install 8.0.0:
1. from a working 7.95.3:
- first run tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data on SSH
- then update to 8.0.0 using tar (copy 8.0.0.tar to update folder and reboot)
- you'll get 8.0.0 running with storage on the internal NAND (and with settings from 7.95.3 kept)
2. from the recovery:
- first install 8.0.0.zip as usual (you will get the error when booting)
- then format SD card or USB drive with EXT3 and LIBREELEC_DISK label and insert it in the box (do not let Windows format it and do not try to copy anything to it)
- reboot the box and you'll get 8.0.0 running with storage on the external device (clean installation, no settings kept)
- now you can keep running with storage on the external device (good if you have a device with broken internal NAND) or you can switch to internal NAND by running tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data on SSH and removing the external device
Use the 8.0.2 build from the first post to get Kodi 17.6 on MX2.
being a windows user,
I used your method 2 and successfully installed "LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.2.zip",
but I got Kodi 17.3 not 17.6
is it possible to upgrade it to 17.6?
I would be eternally grateful.