Posts by Sinisan

Sinisan, you asked about other devices so I will share what I have here...

Dear troyapk, thank you very much for your help and your long answer. I read all what you wrote and took lot of informations. Thank you !

I ordred a Vero 4K + and wait for it. I'll try. And use my new Pi4B for.. something else. Don't know what for the moment but will find :)

Hello,

Just for people who worked on those solutions, my last test with a pi4 with LE 9.2.5 shows playback problems with a simple x264 movie.

I tried to see it with the new 9.2.5 LE release on my PI4B, and this was terrible. Speed variations on the movie, giving a very poor experience.

I just tried with my old Pi3 and LE 9.2.4 : everything's fine.

If this can help, the information on the movie :

I'm not one of the developers, so there is nothing I can assist in that area.

"Use the right tools for the job" is one of those mottos. If that means having to go (back) to a RPi-3B+ for proper 3D mvc usage, then so be it.

Team Kodi and LE have seen their teams been reduced with a couple of members, not in least with mr. Milhouse recently stepping down. I understand that the RPi-4 is a totally different animal, it's not a bigger copy of the RPi3 gpu, with also the Raspberry Pi team needing to do their bit when it comes to new video drivers etc. The whole development process has slowed down. Of course it's something we had rather not seen happening.

I understand. I hope new people will join the team : projects like Libreelec and Kodi are things that help lots of people, and things that make you find a good side of people :)

I have a nice Raspberry Pi4 4gb to sell :)

It happens all the time. 3D support is no longer a thing for new TVs, 3.5mm audio jacks being removed from mobile phones, full spare tyres from new cars...

If you want. But :

- For audio jacks, you can find adapters. Not all people with 3,5mm jacks headphones have to change it. In addition, we can "understand" the reason : take less place, less energy... how explain to remove things in Kodi ? code too long ?

- Full spare tyres : without speaking about cars with it (as an option sometime), we have to know that "run flat" tires have been created. So the need is less important, while the "functionality" is still here.

But I understand it's my problem, and I have to find solution by myself, probably no more with Libreelec. What a shame : I really like this project, but c'est la vie.

Thank you for your help.

Sinisan The Pi is more than a video playback device that should be clear. Only for this purpose there are far better devices out there. However, 3D is not in focus anymore that's why developpers do not put effort anymore into this feature.

Dear Bassman,

Thank you for your answer.

"The Pi is more than a video playback device" : I've been using Pi as video playback devices for years without problems. And if it's more, it can do this at least. And it looks like this forum is "LibreELEC", a distribution dedicated to Kodi ? :)

"there are far better devices out there" : could you tell me more ? what devices could you advise me ? it looks like I will change :)

"However, 3D is not in focus anymore that's why developpers do not put effort anymore into this feature." : I can understand, but the problem is regression. This was fully functional since years, and now, it isn't. It's strange to improve things and remove things.

Thank you for your help.

Im' so disappointed by this. Just bought pi4 to increase quality of my home cinema, and things have disappeared, like 3D MVC.

I'm so angry (against me : I really should avoid to trust people and technology "progress") that I'm not far to stop raspberry and buy something else.

Ok. Thank you for your answers, but it's definitively not the same issue, as :

- I'm not a Kodi professional as others, but movies are on a NAS without hibernating setup. I know that. If I need to prove it :

- Once again, problem was not present at all until I changed Libreelec version (this point seems to be important, isn't it ?). The problem started exactly WHEN I changed LibreELEc version.

- Problem is not present today with other Kodi players (this point is not bad, isn't it ?)

- As far as I know Kodi, it would be strange that a network delay freeze the debug informations displayed on top left of the screen. But you know this point better than I am.

Klojum, I really don't understand why you are telling me I can enable debugging with the advancedsettings.xml. The fact informations are frozen on the top left is, of course, a symptom, not a problem itself. My problem is not, of course, to have OSD debug data on my screen.

Thank you

I'll do that. Thank you.

I can't imagine how a network and/or NAS problem could freeze the debug informations wroten on the top left screen (when you switch on debug mode), but youiknow more than me. In addition, please note that today, another Kodi player (on another computer), using same network and same NAS has no problem ; in addition too, there was no problem before the upgrade to LibreELec RC4with the same hardware, same network, same NAS.

Could you tell me more about what you've seen in the new log ? It looks strange that there is strictly nothing between

Code
    14:51:14.997 T:1559614320   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1559614320 terminating (autodelete)

and

Code
    14:51:38.621 T:1937408016   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(smb://192.168.140.10/Loisirs/Films/Abyss (1989)/Abyss (1989).HDTV.1080p.Untouched.mkv)

isn't it ? about 14 seconds without nothing, and during this time, debug informaitons are frozen on the screen also.

I'll try a new fresh install (add-on incompatiblity, but not trace in the log ?) and will tell you.

Thank you.

Disable or remove the Watchdog addon/service/whatever, and restart LibreELEC.

Hi Klojum,

Thank you for your answer and the time you spent for me. Unfortunately, it looks like Wtachdog is not the problem : I disabled it, and as you can see, problem is the same :

http://ix.io/1yx4

You'll see that I tried to watch "Abyss" at 14:51:01, and nothing happened on the screen before 14:51:40.

(for information, I think Watchdog was started in the previous log because there was exactly no activity, but we don't care). Of course, if I try to whatch the movie a second time, it' started immadiately. Another movie too (so, it's not a buffer problem ?).

Thank you again : I really don't know what is this problem.

Hello all,

I just moved from Libreelec Kodi 17 to Libreelec 8.95.002 (LibreELEC 9.0 (Leia) Beta 2, v8.95.2).

I've got a strange (for me ^^) problem : the first movie (since last reboot, or since last... I don't know really) I want to see is very long to start (more than 30 seconds), while movies I'll see after would be immediately started, as it was before I changed version of LibreElec.

It's not the movie iself : first try on movie A : freeze (even the debug informations on the screen are frozen), movie B : ok, no freeze, movie A again : no freeze.

Here you could find a debug with these kind of test : http://ix.io/1yak

(this log if very long, it looks like some people can't open it completely).

First try : about 23:36 : Abyss : Freeze (I repeat : even debug informations on top-left corner are frozen, numbers are not changing. It's runing again a few micro-seconds before movie starts)

Second try about 23:38 : Aftermath : ok, no freeze

Third try about 23:40 : Abyss again (same as first try) : ok, no freeze.

Do you have any idea ?

If it's not the good thread, or if I forgot to write something, please forgive me Smile. Please note this post was created on Kodi Development forum, and I had been fired because it was a mistake. I hope this forum is the good one : PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF IT'S NOT CORRECT.

Thank you very much for your help.