Posts by ChoppedTomato

You could also switch openvpn verb to 4 (this is in the settings/advanced) and see if a DNS Is being pushed at you. You could opt to always use the VPNArea DNS by setting it in the LibreELEC config.

You are a star!! Thank you so much.. verb to 4 did the trick! :) Connected just fine to Coventry2 server... and yes there were some updates files downloaded which I never seen before.. Many thanks! :thumbup:

Performed fresh/new install of:

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5, (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.5.img)

service.vpn.manager-5.0.7

Tried only build in support for VPNarea but same problem is still present. :(

Had a look at troubleshooting on GitHub and will attempt to connect thru command line when get chance.. however I cannot understand why this setup stopped working now.. its been fine for over year.. I assume VPNarea has changed smth or perhaps my ISP?.. :/

Thanks for reply and no worries about asshat appearance, its understandable.

Sorry this was indeed Kodi 16 log... I downloaded every LibreELEC version to try and better understand my problem hence also 16.. Problems started with up to date Kodi version few days ago (all was great for over year)... I will upload Kodi 17 bit later.. tbh not sure why I had old version of your addon on this attempt. Perhaps VPNArea guide link is old. btw reason I'm using custom .ovpn files, this is actually official guide from VPNArea.. Your build in support doesn't include all servers if I remember correctly.. also maybe that's why no one reported it (if they follow official guide from VPNArea?)

DNS errors only are present when trying connecting to vpn using addon.. There is working connection without vpn so dont understand how there is DNS problem.. ip on dhcp with auto DNS from router which is also on auto from ISP.. All other network devices connect OK..

Also like I said other windows and android devices connect to vpn without problems(so credentials are correct etc) only raspberry pi is affected. I'm losing plot with this now really but will try again bit later and upload log..

I appreciate you taking your time trying to guide me and replies. Thanks!

Just reinstalled on stable KODI 18 and 17.. still cannot connect to VPN.. been on VPNArea support butthey can't help..

I can connect using Widows and Android devices but no luck on Raspberry Pi running LibreELEC.. everything was working great few days ago..

here is log from Kodi 17, no idea whats going on.. no other hardware (router) or software changes..

Any advice much appreciated, Many thanks!

Hi zomboided

Hope you can help.

Having problems connecting to VPNArea servers. I get errors with DNS or other network problem ..

Also sometimes OpenVPN says its connected but no IP or location.. Many reboots, re-installs of addon and even reinstalled LibreELEC on different sd card ( in case other card is somehow corrupted) All I can think of there is an issue with addon and new LibreELEC version please see attached log , Many thanks!