Posts by Venoryk

A few months ago I posted not being able to get my wireless working using the above specified chipset; eventually got that part working. However, I've yet to be able to get the Bluetooth working. When I go into LibreELEC Configuration, at first it says Bluetooth disabled. When I go into services and turn it off and back on, it tells me no adapter found. After some searching around I found a GitHub with a Linux kernel driver for said chipset, but unsure/unable to verify if it would work on LibreELEC and if so how to implement it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have installed the System-Tools addon for access to a terminal, however, on the TV the box is hooked up to within Kodi I must resize the interface to -4% in order for it to fit the screen properly. As such, whenever I open Terminal it is stretched beyond the limits of the screen. Is there any way to remedy this?

I apologize for the delay in responding.. it's been a hectic weekend... I've SSH'd into the box and did a find rt3290.bin but says no such file. I've also tried to navigate to the spot you said to place it and there's no firmware folder inside of /.config/.

Running dmesg from a fresh install results in

Code
    [    5.738159] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rt: Info - RT chipset 3290, rev 0003 detected
    [    5.764013] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rf: Info - RF chipset 3290 detected
    [    5.772983] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
    [    5.838140] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Loading firmware file 'rt3290.bin'
    [    5.839042] rt2800pci 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for rt3290.bin failed with error -2
    [    5.839049] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Error - Failed to request Firmware

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit:

After some searching around... I was to download the rt3290.bin to /storage/.config/firmware after making the directory using

Code
    wget https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/rt3290.bin

Rebooted.. and now my WiFi is working. I appreciate your help :)

firmware: install wifi firmware from linux-firmware, cleanup wlan-fir… by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #1635 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

and the following files will no longer be installed:

Code
    rt3071.bin
    rt3290.bin
    rt73.bin
    ti-connectivity/LICENCE.ti-connectivity

Upon Installing and loading into LibreElec.. the Wizard at the beginning shows no networks unless using eth0. After finding that commit, thinking that to be the reasoning.

I have 2 Zotac AD04 units with Ralink RT3290 chipset and I attempted to install LibreElec on one tonight but, get no WiFi. After surfing the github, I found a commit where it said the driver was removed. Is there any way to either get it added back in or pointed to a prior version that had it? Thanks in advance.