Posts by Anard

Hi.
    I have another problem on reading medias with Kodi.

I have some series that are compressed in .zip or .rar files. When I read it on my computer, VLC extract it automatically. It reads first episode, and a click on "next" goes to next episode etc...

When I add these files in Kodi, it doesn't see that it contains videos, so I can't see my zip and rar files in my library. I have to extract it on my hard drive to make it visible by Kodi.

Is there a way to make Kodi operates as VLC ?

Thanks.

I've the same problem on a RasPi 3B+ install. I think it's due to my SD card which is class 4.

I think a class 10 sd card could solve my problem...

EDIT :

Waiting for it, adding my media sources in Kodi is very long... Do you think I could edit the sources.xml directly by ssh (which could be heavily faster) and reboot the system or as it's said in wiki, it could break my installation.

I have seen also the mediasources.xml file, which lists paths. Do you think I'd have to edit this one too or it isn't necessary ?

So. I did several tests.

I've edited settings in Kodi : Preferences -> Services -> SMB Client with "Minimum supported protocol = SMBv2, Maximum supported protocol = SMBv3".

Kodi can't see my macOS server (in Files -> add a source -> smb, there's nothing).

If I set "Minimum supported protocol" to SMBv1, it can see my macOS server. When I add a new source, I can see "WORKGROUP -> macOS". But when I select "macOS", it still answers "Operation not permitted".

I tried too to write in Kodi my administrator user name and password with no result. I'd be OK to create a "LibreELEC" user on macOS with full credentials, to give it access to my shared videos but it doesn't work.

When booted on Ubuntu, it's now OK even with "Minimum supported protocol = SMBv1" and "Maximum supported protocol = SMBv3" (first time I though I had to set also "Maximum supported protocol" to SMBv1).

EDIT : I have found another option in Kodi. When I set "Maximuum supported protocol" to SMBv1, I can check "Use legacy security" (I don't know what does it mean). With these settings, when I try to connect to my macOS server, it answers "Connection time out"...

It's not better... but different :rolleyes:

Hi.

I've installed LE on, a RasPi3B+ and it searches my Videos on a shared disk on my computer (it's a HFS+ disk).

It's OK when my computer boots on Ubuntu. For this I was forced to set LibreElec's preferences to use Samba 1 only but it works (Preferences -> Services -> Samba -> Minimum supported protocol = Maximum supported protocol = SMB1). With other settings, it didn't work.

My current problem is this computer can boot on macOS too. My medias disk is shared in macOS and doesn't require authentication to read it's content.

When I try to connect the RasPi to the PC under macOS, it answers "Operation not permitted". I don't understand why.

It's OK if I configure the video source as a ssh server. But in this case, I have to save in LE a couple user/password what I find unsecure. I'd prefer to connect as guest, so LE would not have write access to the disk and my password would not be stored in LE's configuration.

Could you help me to configure it correctly ? Here is a copy of my macOS configuration :

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-19-a-09-19-06.png

Thanks.

Thank you all for your answers. I managed to set calibration in Kodi's preferences and it's now OK for the screen (I can see everything).

I just did not find the calibration method very clear, an explanation in Kodi could be interesting. But when connecting a mouse, it was much easier ;)

It remains my sound problem, but I think this one is due to my cable, so an HDMI to scart converter will be the solution.

I have deleted Raspbian for installing LibreElec because I found Raspbian very slow and I am skeptical of the fact that it could solve it.

Thanks. I tried to edit the config.txt file but it can't in ssh as if I wasn't root. The only way is to remove the SD card and edit... Is it normal ?

It's not a problem if it wouldn't work for composite but I like to understand...

Finally, sure I'll use a HDMI to Scart or composite converter, video quality will be much better, but waiting for the converter, I'll continue to use it with my jack connection.

Hi.

I've installed LibreElec on a RasPi3B+ to use it as media center.

My screen is a big plasma TV with 1024x768 resolution, but without HDMI inputs. So I use composite input with the Raspberry's mini-jack output.

First problem is that I can't see borders of the screen. It misses about 30px on each edge (see photo below). I tried to edit the screen settings without success.

12012019869.jpg

The second is that there are interferences in audio output. It could be due to my cable but I tried just before the same configuration with Raspbian installed and it was OK.

Is there a way to prevent it by software ?

Thanks for your answers.