Posts by mr-b

Hi - new LE user here and I've just loaded 8.2.4.1 via sdcard on my Beelink GT1 (S912 16/2/GigE) from Release LibreELEC 8.2.4.1 - S912 release · wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub.

So far it seems to run very well, with DTS audio now working without issues, which solved all my struggles with various Kodi/Android/firmware combinations. I know I know ... ;)

But for some reason the LAN port is not detected (no link light) - wifi is fine. The install appeared to go fine, except that I didn't know how to "download a device tree", nor even what a device tree is, apart from I guessed it was something to do with device support.

I assumed this might be relevant to the LAN port not working (though later on in the Install FAQ it says "when upgrading to 8.2.0.1 or later you no longer have to provide a device tree for an update" so I'm not clear whether it's still required).

I tried downloading the S912 device tree as per the instructions "New S912 device trees needed for GPU Overclocking" but I didn't understand the instruction "Simply drop .dtb file into the Update folder along with the .tar file".

I don't see an Update folder nor a .tar file.

There was a bunch of .dtb files so I guessed "dt" must refer to a device tree, so as I have a 2GB box I plumped for cxm_q01_2g_1gbit.dtb in the Gigabit folder. However I noted it was only 44k compared to the original 144K. I copied that into the root folder on thr sdcard and renamed it as per instructions.

I booted it and only a quarter of the TV was visible, but LE/Kodi was running. Another boot and the display is fine but still no LAN.

# cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id

gxm_q201_2gLibreELEC:~ #

so the file is at least being read but the significance of gxm and q201 is rather lost on me. :(

If I copy back the original dtg.img (140k) then

LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id

gxm_q201_2g

What am I missing? Apologies if this is a newbie question, but I did search first ...!