Posts by Skeeve

I see. The message only appears after an incomplete shutdown, so I never had this.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

The logging does not work. You see… I think you'd need the power-off logs which seem to be lost when powering on again.

But you may give it a try: https://ix.io/4kb7

I tried to run the two log file commands manually and then shutting down. So additionally you might see something in these two logs:
    http://ix.io/4kbb

http://ix.io/4kbc

I do not call it. It's a vanilla generic installation I have here.

As far as I understood on other pages, the /storage/.config/shutdown.sh is called by default by the shutdown process, so this error / warning should be expected.

My assumption is: The wyse needs some special shutdown no one knows about :D So there is no machine-specific shutdown procedure in LibreElec's kernel. I also assume that it's safe, but yet annoying, to power it down manually when the "Power Down" message appears.

I installed LibreElec 10.0.2 (previously 9.something) on my Wyse 5010 Thin Client.

Everything seems to work okay except for the shutdown. The system does not power off.

It hangs with:

Code
    (LibreELEC (official): 10.0.2
    242.7689931 [12531: Failed to unmount /flash: Device or resource busy
    [ 242.7713681 systemd-shutdownt11: Failed to finalize file systems, loop devices, ignoring.
    242.9591521 reboot: Power down

I tried journalctl -f via ssh but it doesn't give me a clue what's going wrong. Can anybody please give me some guidance?

journalctl output

Hi.

I've read about booting a Raspberry Pi from a hard drive.

I followed the steps for allowing boot from USB, changing the power limit for the usb drive and increasing the timeout.

Unfortunately my Raspberry won't boot from my 500GB Hard drive. Booting from a USB stick otoh works.

What can I do to troubleshhot my problem?

You did see that ^^?

I already boot from USB stick fine.

Hi.

I've read about booting a Raspberry Pi from a hard drive.

I followed the steps for allowing boot from USB, changing the power limit for the usb drive and increasing the timeout.

Unfortunately my Raspberry won't boot from my 500GB Hard drive. Booting from a USB stick otoh works.

What can I do to troubleshhot my problem?

Hi!
    Is there any chance I can get ScummVM to work on my RasPi 3B with LibreElec Leia?

I installed it using the Addon Browser. But when starting I just get the message that it failed to start for unknownreason.

Any hints, tipps, suggestions or information I can provide to find out why it fails?

If you have the time, could you test gpio-shutdown on the latest LE alpha build Here Tnx.

I did and it works. Here is what I did:

ssh-ed to the system and remounted /flash so that I can change config.txt

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

Then using my favourite editor (vi) to add the below line to /flash/config.txt below the shown comment.

Code
    ################################################################################
    # End of default configuration
    ################################################################################

dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown

Then I've created the file /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml to contain:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
          <key id="61662">shutdown</key>
        </keyboard>
      </global>
    </keymap>

Finally I did a reboot.

That's it. A button connecting pins 5 & 6 will now shut down your libreelec.

Update: Starting with LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA it is possible to use dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown. See further down.

Hi! I felt this area is the most appropriate for what I want to contribute.

I was searching for a way to shut down my libreelec-Raspberry with the touch of a button wired to pins 5 & 6, as I do for my other raspberrys. Unfortunately the same approch, setting dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown in config.txt didn't work.

Another solution I found, invoving autostart and a shutdown.sh yielded very strange results in a not-booting raspberry.

The following approach, seems to work though. Maybe It's not correct so please tell me if I did something wrong.

First create a file "/storage/.config/gpio-shutdown" with the following content:

Make it executable with

Code
    chmod +x /storage/.config/gpio-shutdown

Then create a file "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" (or adjust its content accordingly)

Code
    (
            nohup /storage/.config/gpio-shutdown &
    ) &

Make it also executable, then reboot

Code
    chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    reboot

How does it work?

The autostart.sh is invoked every time libreelec is booted. It will then start "gpio-shutdown" in the background. This script will check every second whether or not the GPIO3 is connected to GND. As soon as this is dicovered, a "shutdown -h now" is executed and the raspberry will shut down. You'll see the usuall 10 blinks after which you can disconnect.

Another touch of the button which connects GPIO3 to GND will boot up your libreelec.