Posts by bstabens

So I understand LE does not need a username or password when accessing smb shares on the LE, and I did manage to write-protect some shares.

The bad thing is, I have a network printerscannercoffemachinefax which is configured to save scanned documents automatically to a shared smb folder.

And that smart piece of technology can't connect to the LE-smb-share when I leave the user and password entries blank.

When I enter "root" and the password, everything works fine. But of course that's not the way to go.

So, is there a way (besides from compiling yourself, which is out of the question for various reasons) to use some other (maybe built-in) account for this samba share?

Thanks,

bstabens

I already did.

I sshd into my raspberry, opened the samba.conf.sample, changed it to my needs, saved it to samba.conf, rebooted, had no success.

I even tried taking the original samba.conf.sample, just deleted one of the shares, saved to samba.conf, rebooted - share back again.

(I want to access some nfs shares. I already mounted these shares via the system.d-folder and the respective mount-files. )

I installed LibreELEC (Milhouse) devel-20181230210312-#1230-g41d2c65 (RPi2.arm) on my Raspberry and tried to change the samba.conf to my needs.

Thing is, I can reboot all I want, it won't take my samba.conf, my new samba shares do not show up. I tried changing the samba.conf.sample (or deleting it) - I get a new copy from the system, but other than that - nothing.

How to force the system to accept my samba.conf in /storage/.config?

Thank you.