Posts by lumpi

lumpi What is your test case exactly? If you boot up Kodi normally and then select through power menu suspend or shut down, you should be able to revive box either with power button press on the box or on the remote.

Ok good

As my daughter is occupying the TV I tried to send the box to sleep by the button...

Will try properly once she's in bed.

What scancode is it expecting from the IR? The original remote's or MCE?

Before I updated my X2 today, it had image from 2019. Update went through without any problem.

Cool will try it in the evening.

If that's working we only have to wait for a stable kodi/le release and addon authors to stabilise on python 3 for a daily driver. Incredible what your port achieved in the recent years.

Still remembering my first time installation of debian/fedora on my A10, what a catastrophe ;)

Support for that just landed and it will be in tomorrow nightly image. However, it's unreliable on my Beelink X2, but it works just fine on other boards. Please test it on your X2. I have problematic version of that box (hard to boot from SD card), so chances are that it will work reliably on non-problematic.

Cool will test it, didn't use the X2 in a while updates shouldn't be a problem if the last update is a couple of months ago i suppose?

The Beelink devs have no more/less of a clue what the issue could be as anyone else. I've looked at their boot sources (with git history) and there's no smoking gun; the sources have the same Amlogic BSP baseline that Khadas and Hardkernel use with fairly minimal hacking to account for the normal things that are different between board vendors. I've also had them ship samples to people with the skills to hopefully figure the issue out, but those folks are full-time developers and we're asking them to investigate our weird problem for $free, so we'll have to be patient until they have some time to spare. I see "Beelink doesn't care" as a wrong statement. If they didn't care they wouldn't courier $240 products to people, or provide schematics and sources to developers who haven't signed an NDA, to help customers run an OS they don't ship and don't support.

Great to hear there's support by beelink above any level I'd expect from a TV box manufacturer.

Thanks chewitt for your great efforts, mainly behind the scenes!

I have an H3 board (BananaPi M2+) and I was wondering, will it run Kodi 18?

I know the Allwinner boards are a little temperamental and some only work with Kodi 19, but I saw an old forum with an Openelec image with Kodi 16, so I thought there might be a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this device? Will building LE 9.2 work for it?

Openelec uses the Allwinner BSP kernel, based on Linux 3.x with many binary only drivers, whereas LE uses the current mainline Linux kernel, without any non free components. Both are thus not at all comparable.

I suppose that it should be possible porting an older Kodi to the current kernel and LE environment, but I doubt any developer has any interest in such an experiment, so you would most likely end up on your own.

The last images for H6 Orange PI3, I get stuck. As if they go to standby after the TV is turned off and they don't restart. I have to unplug the power. I also tried to change the HDMI CEC settings. But it won't restart.

There is no power management, once the CPU is shut down there is no way to start it again, without a power cycle. Unfortunately there is no usable implementation of the crust fw yet.

Hi

I have just tried LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20201031-cf5a710-orangepi-pc-plus on my orange pi pc plus, and it works great. Many thanks for the hard work.

One thing I am missing however, and prevents me from drooping my old openelec setup, is the ability to use pin PA17 (available on pin 4 of camera connector) for spdif audio.

Are there any plans to enable this in a future build (or maybe I can already activate this via a config file somewhere, as I did by modifying /boot/script.bin on my openelec build?)

script.bin is in mainline replaced by the dtb, the device tree blob, not being an expert, I suppose it should be possible.

I just tested libreelec on the orange pi 3 and it is wonderful.

The problem is that I have not managed to install a frontend or make the emulationstation work,

retroarch or zack morris ...

Could someone help me install it on the kodi ??

I just updated my board yesterday after a long time and realised at the moment many as ddons are not compiled, so maybe you have to wait acouple of weeks, or try compiling by yourself...

Guys, I'm considering removing A20 support from master branch

sad to hear, but I guess the strength of the A20 in 2020 is the native SATA port, not a main driver for LE.

So switching to a H3 or H6 makes sense.

Just as a side note the battery of my inet f97ii nearly blew up, my tablet got split in two parts and the batt was like a cussion. Thank god nothing happened.

Just to be aware of ageing cheap lipo cells.

Hi Jernej! I am testing (using) your image and nightly updates for the whole summer on my Orange Pi Plus 2e. What I still don't understand is some sort of pretty heavy video lagging when navigating the menus while there is video playing at the background. I hoped that some nightly images would solve this issue but I have installed many of them till the current version and that lagging is still present, unfortunately.

Perhaps this is just due to the board's CPU/GPU limitations (too weak for Kodi 19/LibreELEC 9) and that would be never solved on these boards? Could you tell me some words about this issue, please? Thanks for your great work!

I had a similar lag and got pointed to the requirement of the tv refreshrate being twice the video refresh rate, so better 1080p60 than 4k30. I guess it was in the hw deinterlacer thread