Posts by finsher

Interesting, I haven't done any driver swap in LE 8.2.5...

The CrazyCat driver package did not install in life boot. I did a clean install on a new hard disk and swapped the driver to CrazyCat. The result is now:

dmesg | paste can be found here: http://ix.io/1w9x

The remote is running out of the box, means no special keytable is necessary, but with the same result. One key press will show two key presses.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # irw
    67 0 KEY_UP devinput
    67 0 KEY_UP devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput

I compared the results between ir-keytable -r -s rc0 and ir-keytable -r -s rc1, both are equal. Clearing the keytable with ir-keytable -c -s rc1 shows the same effect as in 8.2.5: One press, one result.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # irw
    67 0 KEY_UP devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    6a 0 KEY_RIGHT devinput
    160 0 KEY_OK devinput

I have seen, that the lirc driver is loaded. I am not able to disable lirc, since the menu item in Kodi is not available anymore.

I did a live test with LE 8.90.009. The rusult from ir-keytable right after the system start:

Code
    LibreELEC (official): 8.90.009 (Generic.x86_64)
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory
    No devices found
    LibreELEC:~ #

dmesg | paste result: http://ix.io/1w0l

To choose other drivers (i.e newer kernel drivers) I have to reboot. I am not sure if it make sense to reboot a live system for a driver change, since the selection might not be stored...?

lsusb shows at least the card is there:

Thanks for changing this title back. As Hias wrote, that is espically related to this kind of dual tuner card. There was a similar issue, mentioned in the German vdr forum. I don't know if I am allowed to past other forum links, here is it: vdr-forum Link. Unfortunaltely this does not help me.

Back to your question: it is an Intel Atom 525 based mini PC with the Zotac IONITX S-E mainboard. The system is LE 8.2.5

I am using the standard kernel driver, lirc is disabled in Kodi. The card has one remote receiver plug for only one remote. This card is identical to the TeVii 480/482. Here is a picture of this card: 11004xl-1.jpg

I will try adding "ir-keytable -s rc1 -c" to .config/autostart.sh as a workaround, but I am supporting as good as I can to fix this issue.

My Cinergy s2 card has an issue with double key events. I basically located the root cause but I don't know how to config what to avoid the double key event issue.

Problem: The card generates two similar ir devices, the only different is rc0 / rc1 resp. the device eventx / event y. ir-keytable sows the following:

I have successfully loaded a keytable and modified the rc_maps.cfg. But irw and kodi generate double key events if I press a button once on the remote:

I found out, that the keytable is loaded automatically for both devices rc0 and rc1, but I have just one remote. The output from ir-keytable -r -s rc0 is identical to ir-keytable -r -s rc1. if I clear the keytable for rc1 (ir-keytable -c -s rc1), everythings works fine.

Code
    LibreELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rules.d # ir-keytable -c -s rc1
    Old keytable cleared
    LibreELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rules.d # irw
    160 0 KEY_OK devinput
    67 0 KEY_UP devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    6a 0 KEY_RIGHT devinput

Currently I have no idea how to disable either rc1 oder load the keytable only for rc0.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks