Posts by benni0815

Btw: This is how my /flash directory looks like after the update:

So the kernel was also updated correctly.

Yes this is an old install which initially shipped with some OpenELEC version which I updated from release to release.

I could remove KERNEL.bak but this should not change anything I guess? Removing the KERNEL file would result in an unbootable system, wouldn't it?

But I tried something else with the new alpha 009 (LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-8.90.009.tar).

First I just copied it into /storage/.update without changing anything else. Which again brought the "Missing (target) kernel.img or SYSTEM!" error as before:

But I found out that after mounting the /flash partition the init script tries to execute /flash/post-flash.sh if it exists.

So I created a script with that name and the following content:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

export IMAGE_KERNEL="KERNEL"

The next update attempt then worked!

So again my question: Do you accidentially set the wrong kernel file for Wetek Play 1 in projects/WeTek_Play/options?

Line 138 (as of 6db1ac5f83):

Code
    KERNEL_NAME="kernel.img"

KERNEL.bak is the renamed KERNEL file from Alpha 006 and KERNEL the renamed kernel.img from Alpha 008. (I renamed the KERNEL files.)

Hi,

some weeks ago I upgraded my Wetek Play 1 from LE 8 to v8.90.006 ALPHA. Due to some bugs I tried to switch back to LE 8 but this failed for some reason I did not see. (I am using the analogue output of the Wetek on an old CRT TV. During the update step the Wetek does not supply a proper signal on the analogue output. The TV just shows garbage.)

Two day ago I tried to upgrade to the latest alpha (8.90.008) and realized that this also did not work. I then connected a LCD and saw that the upgrade script (packages/sysutils/busybox/scripts/init I assume) failed with "Missing (target) kernel.img or SYSTEM!". That made sense, because there was no kernel.img in /flash. There was just a /flash/KERNEL (and as far as I can remember has always been). I then created an empty /flash/kernel.img file and the upgrade finally succeed (but the upgrader copied the new kernel into /flash/kernel.img).

I looked into projects/WeTek_Play/options and saw that KERNEL_NAME="kernel.img" is set there. Is this a mistake?