Posts by mfizz

I have a camera connected which I can access via FTP.

I want my box to be able to connect to this and download all the movie files that I have and put them together into one big file, which I'll then watch at speed 4x 5x for review

I can create a script that can do the downloading. Is there something I can do to make kodi / libre Stitch it into one big file or play as a continuous without stopping?

Thanks

hmm this is likely a driver problem - I have no experience with the WP2 so can't tell you if this is fixable or not.

Hi CvH,

Some channels in the scanned TP are hidden.Hidden channels are not wathed.Device WP2. I'm using Tvheadent42-4.3-1731

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/jdyhgngvdp/

Best regards...

This is a known TVH bug which can be changed to show hidden channels by selecting "None" in the services tab filter.

So now you may be able to see it but you cannot map it. This functionality has changed from before, up until 1617 it was possible.

Bug #5439: service mapper: Services without A/V streams are detected in SDT but cannot be mapped - Tvheadend

Thank you, I am struggling a little bit though, it says:

Code
         UNPACK      tvheadend42
             APPLY PATCH (common)      packages/addons/service/tvheadend42/patches/tvheadend42-01-dvb-scan-path.patch
    patching file src/input/mpegts/scanfile.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 906 (offset 3 lines).
             APPLY PATCH (common)      packages/addons/service/tvheadend42/patches/tvheadend42-02-hdhomerun-includes.patch
    patching file configure
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 411 (offset 49 lines).
    patching file src/input/mpegts/tvhdhomerun/tvhdhomerun_private.h
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 24.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/input/mpegts/tvhdhomerun/tvhdhomerun_private.h.rej

So I deleted the file considering I don't even need Tvh with hdhomerun. But the compile later fails with error:

If I should create a new thread for this or post in nightlies thread, please let me know.

Thank You. It is the first thing I tried, I just thought that compiling an addon wouldn't take that long. In the terminal i see almost every other thing to do with libreelec except the addon that is meant to be compiled lol.

Does some part of the image need to be compiled as well for the addon, if you have never compiled anything before? (brand new vm ubuntu)

Astra19.2 ?

Sorry should have mentioned, its DVB-C muxes. So currently having to add them one by one. I have downgraded to level 1617 and it appears to be working fine there too.

Side question I would really like to learn how you are building these nightlies. I want to start exploring my self. I believe some interface is added between tvheadend and kodi what are your parameters for the build and how can I build one to use as an addon? Thanks

I agree, in most cases, however dvbsnoop requires for some elements to be tuned into a channel. I don't know why it is like this, but the only way i can get it to work is to have tvh server tune into a channel and disconnect the htsp and in that brief moment run dvbsnoop and then it works as expected.

I have taken the latest zip file for odroidc2, as I am running a wetek play 2. It installs fine and I can go in and add my network enable adapter etc. When i add muxes in 4.2.7-34, (from the official repository) I added one mux and it would automatically find all the other muxes. Now though it appears I have to enter them all one by one.

Is this by design or am I missing something. Network discovery is set to new muxes only and i have also tried new and changed as well.

EDIT: I have just tried the oldest nightly available, and it appears to be working fine: 4.3-1504

with this addon, am I able to specify services to use vpn tunnel only?

For example tvheadend to use vpn tunnel only, rather than my entire network being forced to use it?

My understanding is that with this addon when the addon id changes, the vpn manager changes the vpn provider or turns it on. I need it to always be on for selected service.

So a bit of further information, after leaving the system running for a while and trying again 36 hours later. I ran dvbsnoop and to my surprise, it worked again. So I have been investigating a little bit and it appears that the when tvheadend is running something in the background it never works.

However when tvheadend has been running in the background and gets over its grabs etc, by luck, dvbsnoop will use it whilst the adaptor is free and it will work.

Now i would like to know how do I make this consistent. Does anyone have any experience with this. How do i ensure when i run dvbsnoop it runs everytime.

That's because se_guide doesn't contain any epg data, it is just a bunch of channels.

the file needs to be of this format for xmltv: