Posts by sandin

Well, you've done it again. Bluetooth is also working now. I'm really enjoying my box now with trial boot (Mint 19, Windows 10 and LibreELEC), and everything working on every system.
    Thank you for all the help!
    If you still want me to test future builds, just send me the link, I'll gladly give you any feedback on the new builds.

HiassofT , I've installed it, the WiFi is working out of the box once again. And it works well. I've tried Youtube plugin, Twitch plugin, it's stable and the stream at 1080p is fluid.

I did notice, however, that the bluetooth isn't working. I haven't even tested bluetooth in the previous build, but since you've mentioned it - I figured I'd give it a shot. I've enabled it in the services, and went into Bluetooth section, only to receive a message: "No Bluetooth adapter found". I've tried to connect multiple different devices: headphones, smartphone, bluetooth keyboard. They couldn't see eachother. I then rebooted, and Bluetooth displayed message: "Bluetooth is disabled", even though it was enabled in the Services. I then disabled and re-enabled bluetooth only to receive "No Bluetooth adapter found" message again.
    In case this helps, here's my dmesg: http://ix.io/1vbr

I'm not using bluetooth, and I have no intention to use it on my device, so I'm OK with this build, but if you want me to test future builds for you, I'm more than happy to do that since you've already helped me massively by fixing the WiFi.

Here's what I happened:
    First, I removed everything from: /storage/my-firmware/lib/firmware/brcm

It still didn't have the WiFi, however after I ran dmesg, this is what I got: http://ix.io/1uqd

Code
    [   26.449508] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
    [   26.449788] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin failed with error -2

At least it's aware of the WiFi now!

So then I copied all the files from brcm folder from my Mint 19 into brcm folder in LibreELEC, all the BIN and FW and TXT files. And did a reboot.
    This is the dmesg after reboot with Mint 19 brcm files: http://ix.io/1uqf

Code
    [   26.823378] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
    [   26.824235] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
    [   28.101239] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
    [   28.101402] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
    [   28.101410] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_process_clm_blob: no clm_blob available (err=-2), device may have limited channels available
    [   28.101847] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/6 wl0: Mar  1 2015 07:29:38 version 7.45.18 (r538002) FWID 01-6a2c8ad4

The WiFi does work! Even the 5GHz network works:

Even after reboot, wifi still works, and auto-connects to my 5GHz network. It works really well. No connection drops.

However there were few issues I've noticed. I don't know if this is related to the drivers I copy-pasted or the system itself: When I connect to the 2.4GHz network, and then try to switch to 5GHz network, I get a black screen and KODI resets itself (not the entire box, only KODI as an app), I get only KODI 18.0 LEIA boot screen, not the LibreELEC boot screen. Also, if I delete all currently connected networks, and I keep switching between Connections and Network setting multiple times, really quickly, I get KODI app to crash again. But if I don't fiddle with connections, the connection is stable and doesn't drop. I can watch youtube streams and twitch streams without any issues and no connection dropouts.

If you're interested in analyzing the driver files, I've uploaded them to the g-drive.

Maybe this might help with debugging:
    I've loaded Linux Mint 19 (64-bit) into a Micro SD and booted it from my Mini PC.
    This is the outcome before I installed the nvram txt file:
    sandintv - Pastebin.com

And the problem was fairly obvious:

[   12.074660] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_map_chip_to_name: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin for chip 0x004345(17221) rev 0x000006

[   12.075734] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac

[   12.114266] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt failed with error -2

This is the dmesg after I've installed nvram txt file in my Mint 19:
    sandintv - Pastebin.com

No more errors, and Wifi is working.

However, LibreELEC doesn't even pop up that message.

I tried copying the entire brcm content, including .bin and .fw files from Mint into LibreELEC's newly brcm folder I created, but that didn't work either.

Even after copying all entire brcm content from mint into libreelec, this is my new dmesg:
    http://ix.io/1uol
    It seems like it's not even aware of the WiFi.

Either way, it was worth taking a shot, and thank you for your help, but I suppose I'll have to continue using the LAN communication.

Thank you both for helping, but I don't think this works. Maybe I've done something wrong:

I've installed this version first (realizing that there's a newer one: 8.90.008 after installing it, could this be the reason why it's not working?)

Created directory, and copied the txt file over.

Edited 90-my-firmware.conf

After reboot, I still have no WiFi. Tried multiple reboots, with and without LAN cable plugged in, always the same outcome where WiFi isn't recognized.

HiassofT , Thank you.

Sorry for being newbish (I am actually new to this), but how do I access LE system partition? When I plugin the MicroSD into my PC, all I see is the Storage folder. I have 2 partitions, of which one is the EFI (I presume). But when I try to explore the sdb/sdb2, all I can see is the storage. How do I access the root, and extract SYSTEM file? I know I can use SSH to extract the SYSTEM file, but I cannot replace the SYSTEM file with a new one via SSH because read-only file system won't let me.

vpeter , I', still on LE 8, x86, I'm willing to reinstall everything with LE 9 beta if you think I'll have more luck with setting up the WiFi.

I have a cheap Mini PC with Intel Atom Z8350, and a copy of Broadcom Wifi AP6212/6255. Currently WiFi isn't working, but if I can copy the nvram.txt required for my WiFi to work into /lib/firmware/brcm/ as brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt I could make WiFi working on my device via LibreELEC. When I tested it on Ubuntu 18.04 - it worked fine. I have no doubts it will work on LibreELEC as well. The problem is: I cannot access the /lib/firmware/brcm/ destination via SSH as it's read only file system.

Do you have any advice how can I achieve this? How can I download/copy file into /lib/firmware/brcm/ ?
    File that I need to download/copy is this one:

nvram.txt