Posts by Paddepoel

After inserting an USB stick (on a Raspbery PI 2 computer) LibreELEC 9.0.1. mounts it. But trying to use it by scrolling through the files results in an immediately removing device signal in the right corner.

The same with a HD USB drive.

Isn't this a very old bug problem of Kodi?

For the moment, I must go back to LibreELEC 8 If I want to use external USB devices.:(

With regards,

Ronald

At last I'v found the solution

1) I'v installed two extra LibreELEC Add-ons: System Tools and Raspberry Pi Tools and checked some things in terminal mode. I2C appeared not to be running.

1) I'v added in config.txt these settings and did a reboot:

dtparam=i2c_arm=on,spi=on

dtparam=i2s=on

2) I've checked if I2C was running: i2cdetect -y and it did, so I could find the memory adress: 0x27

3) I've copied my old HD44780.so driverfile (version 08-12-2015, around 64Kb) to the map Downloads

4) I'v edit the file userdata/addon_data/http://service.lcdd/LCDd.conf

5) in this LCDd.conf file i'v changed the driver path to the map Downloads

6) in this LCDd.conf file i'v changed/checked these settings:

Driver=hd44780

## Hitachi HD44780 driver ##

[hd44780]

ConnectionType=i2c

Port=0x27

Device=/dev/i2c-1

Speed=0

Keypad=no

Backlight=yes

OutputPort=no

Size=16x2

CharMap=hd44780_default

DelayMult=2

7) Bingo:)

It's seems a kind of magic to get a working LCD, in my case a HD44780 (16x2) with an I2C, a Raspberry Pi 3 and the latest and the latest version of LibreELEC.

I can't figuring out what I'm doing wrong, I just followed the wiki:

1) Install two Add-ons / Services: LCDproc with LCD driver hd44780 and XBMC LCDproc

2) Make a LCD.xml file (copy and paste from the LibreELEC wiki and put it in the Userdata map)

3) Edit the userdata -> addon_data->service.lcdd LCDd.conf file and choose the HD44780 driver and change the default settings (see below)

Others on this forum put a LCDd.conf in the .config map and a hd44780.so driver file in the map Downloads. I did this also and edit the driver path in the LCDd.conf and changed settings for the HD44780:

At the end:

## Hitachi HD44780 driver ##

[hd44780]

ConnectionType=i2c

Port=0x27

Device=/dev/i2c-1

Speed=0

Keypad=no

Backlight=yes

OutputPort=no

Size=16x2

CharMap=hd44780_default

DelayMult=2

Some users of LibreELEC copy an old hd44780.so driver, some recompile it. There seems to be serveral versions with different size: 64Kb, 85Kb, 105Kb.

Some others added in the config.txt file the I2C driver.

On the wiki there is still a screen example of Settings -> Services -> LCD Driver option. But I'm missing it. Only Samba, SSH etc.

It's all very confusing:(

With the latest versions of Volumio, MoOdeAudio and OpenElec, I've always succeed without much problems due to a good description what to do (in the Forums, Github etc).

Despite all my dozen attempts with LibreELEC I can't manage to get a working HD44780 display ........

Hopefully somebody can help me with a step by step procedure and put it on the wiki.

With regards,

Pad