Posts by fosf0r

I just kicked off with RK3399 rockpro64 nightly 20181103-ebe6234.

Really nice!

I personally need to get carl9170.ko module in there somehow, because of my WiFi adapter. It's temporary until my actual rockchip wifi card arrives.

I've compiled carl9170 for ayufan's debian image (but that was under 4.4.132) and that worked great, but I don't know all the steps to build that module for libreelec's 4.4.154. I suppose it involves me manually patching the mainline kernel with a huge list of rockchip64-specific patches?

(Or is there a direct pre-patched kernel source link for these nightlies so I could just make quick adjustments?)

I have a fan attached to pwm1 and I like to have it spinning at all times in my use case.

So on ayufan's debian image, I can do "echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1"

I don't know how to control this fan yet without hwmon, SoC is generally all pretty new to me, but I'm picking up fast.

Anyway, does this nightly know how to control the 2-pin fan header on the rockpro64?

And in general, am I doing it wrong by doing "echo 255" like that / is there a more correct way?