Posts by burnyd

Yes this makes sense if there is no oui for the mac address. Looking through that conman directory I see a bunch of wifi_abcd124 etc where abc124 would be the mac address of wlan0 at the time of reboot so what you are saying makes a lot of sense thanks chewitt

So if I understand you correctly if I put that shell script in there to give wlan0 mac address to be the same with a combination of the conman file I currently have it should keep that static IP I put in there... I might have to add some more logic in there using connmanctl within the shell script?

Thanks again!

Hi, I am new to LE. I tried to configure a static ip under a wifi ssid. The device settings did not persist. So every time I rebooted the device it would come back without connecting to the wireless network.

I then found the /storage/.cache/connman/ directory where I was able to add the following..

mywifi.config

cat mywifi.config

[service_wifi_mywifi]

Type = wifi

Name = mywifi

Name=ssid-name

SSID=6275726e79642d32

Favorite=true

AutoConnect=true

Passphrase=my-passprase

Favorite=true

IPv4.method=manual

IPv4.netmask_prefixlen=24

IPv4.local_address=192.168.4.222

IPv4.gateway=192.168.4.254

Nameservers=8.8.8.8;

Timeservers=0.pool.ntp.org;1.pool.ntp.org;2.pool.ntp.org;

I need it to persist the ip address of 192.168.4.222 but anytime I play with this file I can watch it on the screen it will fail :(

If I reboot it will just pick another dhcp address. Any help would be great.

Thanks,