Posts by flashi99

Hello,

I just got my ODROID C2 and wanted to try playing some my files.

When playing some files the do not seem to be able to play, specifically there is either no response on the first try to play the video (just the default loading animation) or on the second try (after pressing Esc to stop the loading circle) there is only sound and no video (black screen).

The files are MKV with H265.

I search the forum and could find similar reports but no solution was provided besides downgrading:

Issue during videos with my odroid C2 and libreelec 9

Understanding 265 and HEVC Playback

The problem does not occur when I try to play the files using Kodi on my workstation. Other players like MPV or VLC also work without issue.

Also I checked the old 8.1 version on my ODROID-C2, the problem is present as well.

Which leads me believe the problem to be specific to LibreELEC (on ODROID C2).

I created a log, when trying to play one such file: 2018-06-22 13:11:52.412 T:4086914992 NOTICE: ------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

What I could find in the log were the following lines, which may help identify the problem:

Code
    2019-03-16 22:05:27.212 T:3539100528   DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error
    2019-03-16 22:05:46.154 T:3890393968   ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAmlogic::Open - InstanceGuard locked
    2019-03-16 22:05:46.155 T:3890393968    INFO: CVideoPlayerVideo::OpenStream - could not open video codec
    2019-03-16 22:05:46.155 T:3539100528   DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_PAUSE: 0

Here is the video mediainfo of one of the problematic files:

The difference I could find between working files and the ones that are not is the line of the format profile.

Working ones have "Main 10@L4@Main" and not-working ones "@L4@Main". So the first part is missing, maybe this is stumping Kodi?

I would appreciate some pointers in fixing the issues.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I just installed the current stable release of LibreELEC [8.2.5] on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+, but I run into some issues with some if my files mainly when these videos have a very high bitrate.

It makes playback impossible as the audio plays normally and the timer runs correctly, but the video is very slow or stuttering.

I even tried the newest beta version of LibeELEC [8.90.006 ALPHA] as maybe the newer release of either KODI or LibreELEC may already had a fix for this, but the same problem occurs.

The video file is normally located on an SMB-share, but I tried NFS, as well as copying the file to a USB-Drive and directly attaching it to the RaspPie, it does not seem to matter from where I try to play the file. On my main system (Ubuntu 18.10, Intel i7 + GTX970) I have no issues playing the file in KODI or any other player.

Here is the mediainfo of the file I try to playback (This is an already cut file of the original MKV):

If need be I could provide the first 22 seconds of the file so you could reproduce the issues yourself.

But I'd prefer to not post the link in a public forum, I could however PN the link.

Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers