Posts by M4SK13

Morning Folks

1. I am a n00bie to linux...

2.I have a old laptop i want to use as a Kodi box. Its mega thin no screen on it though...i7-4600u/12GB/120GB SSD so i thought would make a nice kodi player...(well plex as i am a plex users)

3. Problem - no screen on laptop.

4. I have taken the SSD out and written an image to it of ubuntu (sorry only just learnt about Libre...so with Ubuntu i can put the image on it but it only ever boots as a "try linux" live session.

this lead me to Libre. I want to get a Linux image built with no questions....as when booting until the graphics drivers kick in i have no display to work on. As mentioned it worked on ubuntu live session/bootload installer. i had windows 10 on it by loading windows 10 to it in another PC and when it did the 1st boot i took it out and put in the laptop which continued the build and worked.

with linux it wants to ask me questions i guess before the drivers kick in; which means i cant install...or see what is going on...

booting from usb 1st is guess work also not been able to guess that right yet lol

Thanks any tips welcome