Posts by brendanf

I am hoping someone can assist me here. This may be a question for the KODI forum but figured I'd start here.

So here is my setup.

I have a laptop that runs Linux Mint 18.3 and it has all my media files on it. I am very much a Newbee when it comes to Linux, I have only been using it for about a year now after getting sick and tired of Windoz...

I have a HTPC that is still running Win7. We use it primarily for WMC and our antenna. We do use KODI on it once and awhile depending on what room in the house we are watching TV in. I was able to add the shared folder from my laptop as a source quite easily on this PC. I didn't even have to look for it or do anything, it was there right away when I selected Add Source from the File Manager.

In our basement, I have a RPi3 with LibreELEC freshly installed last night. I wanted to add the same shared folder from my laptop so we can stream any media on it but LibreELEC does not seem to want to see my laptop. I can see the RPi when browsing my filesystem on the laptop but not the other way around. I did make sure the WORKGROUP names were all the same but no dice.

If it matters, everything in my house uses ethernet, no wifi.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.