Posts by Ae3NerdGod

chewitt

what i do not need to know:

about anything in the /storage/.config unless i can use it to delete something in /etc/x11/ before xorg starts

The problem is I need to REMOVE content. The file /etc/x11/xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf attempts to load even though there is a pcie graphics card installed (it tries to load that conf as well, one fails and Kodi doesn't show up)

i need to extract an recreate the SYSTEM squashfs file. how do i go about doing this

what i do not need to know:
    about anything in the /storage/.config unless i can use it to delete something in /etc/x11/ before xorg starts
    anything about the autorun.sh script unless i can use it to delete something in /etc/x11/ before xorg starts

what i do need to know:
    what compression method the system squashfs file uses
    if it is even indeed squashfs
    linux - What was the SquashFS compression method? - Super User ive tried this and it says 6, which is not on thelist and linux mints unsquashfs cant detect the compression method
    there is a xorg conflict i need to resolve in the genericx86_64 image, specifically i need to delete xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf if i remember correctly. as it causes xorg not to load and im using an amd card.

escalade , a moment of your time?

i was able to modify emulator-frontend.conf so i can pass arguments to emulator-frontend.sh and open the frontend i want (eg. "emulator-frontend.sh ra" for retroarch "es" for emulationstation) like so:

however /usr/bin/emulator-frontend.py is not set up to pass commandline args to /usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh
    my goal here was to create buttons in Aeon Nox for each frontend so i can set up controllers that dont autoconfgig, etc without another computer (im using generic not arm) and im unable to do so without using emulator-frontend.py, i cant launch systemd-run _script_ in a button apparantly, so as a workaround i copied e-f.py to .storage and modified it like so:

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess, sys

subprocess.call(["systemd-run", "/usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh"] + sys.argv[1:])

i was just wondering if in your next build and/or in the 9.0 beta builds you could make a simple change to emulator-frontend.py to pass at least one argument to emulator-frontend.sh as it allows for argument parsing in emulator-frontend.conf. if you know of a more elagant way than my modification to the python script i encorage you to use that instead. i am not proud of how im handling arguments

ok now im proud