Posts by majoly

Need an upgrade for a memory issue with TvHeadEnd Server on my Pi 3b+. For some reason 1gb of Ram is just a bit too low sometimes and my attemps to solve the issue failed. Hardware replacement seem to be my only option.

I would need a SBC with 2gb RAM minimum and at least 1 usb 3 port.

Any recommendations?

I have disabled timeshift since then and I did not get that crash again.

Hard to say if memory was the issue but stability is back with that option at off.

Now I would love to get it back on but I guess I need an upgrade.

Any recommendations? I think I would need at least 2gb of ram and usb3 would be a plus

I would say my setup is 95% reliable and most of my recordings are working if I am not watching something else at the same time.

Since the message I got said it ran out of memory, ill try to first disable timeshift and see if it is more stable.

If it becomes more reliable, then I guess I could blame the Pi3b+ having not enough RAM perhaps?

If it is the case, any hardware you guys could recommend to replace my b+ that is around the same price and reliable?

Rock Pi 4? Odroid? anything else?

Thanks

Ok problem that I saw at 17:17 i think did not leave any traces.

The problem I have most of the time just happened at 19:04.

This time It wasen't frozen so I was able to get some printing.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EDIT : I forgot to mention, when the problem occured, no recordings were going on.

Only watching a channel and nothing else happening on the PI. Timeshift is active.

Here is the pastebin of the logs.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crash occured a bit before 17:17 I think.

When I went on the display, everything was frozen, coudnt do anything but reboot.

I had 2 putty opened while it crashed. I attach the printscreen of both before I lost connection

Thanks in advance for the awesome support

Ok I have gone through many issues in the past months but I have almost solved all of em.

So I have a Pi 3B+ as Tvheadend Server

So Pi 3b+ with HDHomeRun connected directly to ethernet (2 channel can run simultaneously at max 18-19mbit/s so lets round up at 40mbit/s)

Added a wifi usb dongle cause onboard wifi keept crashing. Connected to usb hub and tvheadend client constantly pulling a channel from server.

External Seagate HDD connected to usb hub also.

I've read that ethernet/usb share the same channel so it could be limitation issue.

As of right now I think I may have to get something with USB 3.0 to replace my Pi 3B+ (I was thinking a Rock Pi 4) but I would like to be able to monitor or see the exact MBit/s geeing processed on usb and ethernet at the same time while recording/timeshifting etc.

Any way I can do that in LibreElec with putty?

Thanks

Ok little update.

Tried a 4th power supply. 5v 2.5a and still same result.

I though perhaps my fan on my case was using too much energy for whatever the reason. Sadly no difference. Still getting rainbow and lightning bolt sometimes on live tv.

I still need to get another sd card to try a different os to test.

In the meantime, is there any way i can check logs on power status which would show what voltage or amp are beeing seen on my pi's?

Thanks again

Bought my PI 3 B+ from Canakit on Amazon and after the order I got the following message.

Code
    1. If you see a lightning bolt symbol with a rainbow splash screen upon boot it indicates that you are using an operating system that is NOT compatible with the "B+" model.  It is NOT related to the power supply voltage.
    Code
    2. The "B+" model requires "B+" compatible software to operate (such as NOOBS 2.7.0 or later).  Please ensure you are using a compatible operating system or the board will not boot.

That is why I am asking about the operation system.

I could order other power supply's but after 3 different ones, I'm beginning to believe i'm throwing money away on PSU...

If you guys think what Canakit sent is total BS, let me know and ill try different PSU options...

When both my PI's boot (Pi 3 b+ and Pi 3 b running Leia 8.90.004), I get the rainbow screen and when I stream live tv, it sometimes gets choppy and the yellow lightning bolt flashed on top right corner of my screen.

Both Pi's are using 5V 2.5A power supply.

I have read that I could be getting that by running an incompatible OS on my PI's but I did install the PI2/3 version on both.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks

I have been trying to solve my issue for the last few weeks and I am running out of ideas.

My setup is:

(PI-1)

Raspberry Pi 3b+ running libreelec 8.90.004, tvheadend server and client

HDHomerun wired directly to PI and PI connected to home WIFI 5GHZ (Tethering enabled so ethernet and wifi on same range)

External HDD Seagate 4TB Slim with powered usb hub.

(PI-2)

Raspberry Pi 3 running libreelec 8.90.004, tvheadend client

Wired directly to router.

My setup works normally but when I start watching live TV on my PI-2 at some random time the TV will stop playing and little buffering circle appears and says 0.

Few week ago I checked the logs and the only hint I saw was an error happening often with getDiskSpace unable to stat path that seemed to happen when network was lost (I know doesnt seem related at all but I was desperate). Having nothing to lose I hooked up a powered usb hub but no improvement.

When I try to access my PI-1 with my mobile app, says that it cannot see it. Same result with SSH the PI-1 is just not on the network anymore.

If i check my PI-1 it is still running and I am able to navigate with a keyboard in kodi and even watch live TV since its directly hooked to my hdhomerun.

I though perhaps that the connection was lost with the router but when I check the network status it still says that it is connected to my router.

If I reboot the PI and check the kodi logs, no error related to network.

The only thing I have noticed is that the problem will never happen if both PI are just running not doing anything and If there is a high WIFI traffic going on, chances the problem occurs are higher. Same if I activate timeshift option on tvheadend server for some reason. I had to disable it so I would be able to watch TV a bit longer before it crashes.

Any knows issues with WIFI driver? Any way I can activate any other kind of logs to check the network? Any way I can get to terminal locally from KODI since WIFI network is down and therefore no SSH possible.

Thanks